Talk

Advanced search

My period is 5 days early meaning my cycle was only 16 days. What is going on?! :(

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Rosiesmith88 Sun 12-May-19 09:33:04

So me and hubby have been TTC since September now, the whole process is upsetting me so much! I've been off contraception for 3 years and although we were careful I was always a bit baffled we didn't have an accident!
I've had all the fertility tests done on the NHS and my hsg and scans were all good but I have to wait until the 8th July for the rest of the results sad has anyone got any idea on why my cycle is so short this month? And in general they're only 21 days could this be why I'm struggling TTC?

L0kiWh0 Sun 12-May-19 09:34:47

Are you charting your cycles? Do you know which day you ovulate on?

Rosiesmith88 Sun 12-May-19 09:52:09

I was yes but this month I only had 3 of the tests left and on the days I chose to use them (when my app said it was likely) I didn't get a positive

L0kiWh0 Sun 12-May-19 10:51:58

Ah ok.

A short cycle shouldnt impact you fertility but only if the number of days after ovulation is at least 10/11.

So on a 21 day cycle you’d want to be ovulating on day 10.

Do you have previous charts? Happy to take a look if you want to post/pm them.

Rosiesmith88 Sun 12-May-19 12:36:51

Thank you so much! sad I'm really struggling emotionally with all of this

LilyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 12-May-19 14:50:01

Hi OP

We think that this thread may be better placed in TTC, so we're going to move it over now. flowers

Rosiesmith88 Sun 12-May-19 15:04:26

Thank you xxx

L0kiWh0 Sun 12-May-19 22:36:25

Are you temping?
You can’t really rely on an app to tell if you’re ovulating, they just use an algorithm it’s just a prediction not a certainty.

Do you get ewcm around ovulation or any other signs?

Rosiesmith88 Mon 13-May-19 09:25:16

I don't temp but I take the tests, and some months have the other symptoms! Not sure how to temp but I need to give it ago x

L0kiWh0 Mon 13-May-19 09:37:34

It’s definitely worth temping. A positive on the ovulation stick only indicates that you might ovulate, not that you actually will or have done. Your temp will confirm it. I’d also recommend using fertility friend to chart, and reading ‘taking charge of your fertility’ by Toni Weschler

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »