Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks pregnant, ultrasound measured 5 weeks

(5 Posts)
MinAngel Sat 11-May-19 16:01:04

Thank you, I guess that's I can do. I know it's not going to be a good outcome, had they seen a measure of 6 weeks I might have felt a little hopeful. 3rd pregnancy in 12 months so maybe it's time to give it a rest for a while xx

VenusStarr Sat 11-May-19 15:07:56

I had a very similar experience and it wasn't good news for me. It's really hard when you're waiting between scans. Be kind to yourself flowers I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst. Sending best wishes x

MinAngel Sat 11-May-19 14:49:59

Hi thank you for replying. Yes that's my main concern as I'm 3 weeks out. I track ovulation so I know when I ovulated so I'm definite about my dates. I think I'll ring up EPU on Monday and has for a scan after 7 days as surely if there was a change they would see it by then.
I understand progesterone masks a mc, I don't know what's worse taking it or not taking it and at least having some symptoms such a bleeding. Xx

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 11-May-19 14:42:43

I've heard that's it's ok to be up to 6 days behind in size but I'm sorry I would be concerned too with being 3 weeks behind? Were you tracking ovulation- are you certain on dates? Unfortunately progesterone can also hide a miscarriage -🤞you get better news in a few days x

MinAngel Sat 11-May-19 14:22:15

Hi All,

It's my 3rd pregnancy, 1st one resulted in a mmc at 12 weeks (Aug 2018) and 2nd one ended in January 2019 at 9 weeks.
I was feeling a lot more hopeful for this one as I've been on the prescribed folic acid and progesterone pessaries from when I got my bfp.
I'm sure about my dates as I track ovulation so I should be 8 weeks pregnant but the scan showed a 6-7 week sac with a black blob measuring 5 weeks but no fetal pole/hb detected as was too small. Should I prepare myself for the worst?
I've seen the same nurse for all the mc's and this time she was vary vague - almost like she didn't want to upset me and basically said let's see what the scan shows in 10 days but then said she was 'very sorry' as I left the room.
Anyone had any similar experiences good or bad?
I have no symptoms with this pregnancy either sad had sore boobs a few weeks ago but that stopped last week too. I'm still using the pessaries as they've told me to continue until the scan.
10 days seems like a long wait I rather know sooner so I can get this dealt with.
Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »