Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks pregnant, ultrasound measured 5 weeks

(5 Posts)
MinAngel Sat 11-May-19 14:22:15

Hi All,

It's my 3rd pregnancy, 1st one resulted in a mmc at 12 weeks (Aug 2018) and 2nd one ended in January 2019 at 9 weeks.
I was feeling a lot more hopeful for this one as I've been on the prescribed folic acid and progesterone pessaries from when I got my bfp.
I'm sure about my dates as I track ovulation so I should be 8 weeks pregnant but the scan showed a 6-7 week sac with a black blob measuring 5 weeks but no fetal pole/hb detected as was too small. Should I prepare myself for the worst?
I've seen the same nurse for all the mc's and this time she was vary vague - almost like she didn't want to upset me and basically said let's see what the scan shows in 10 days but then said she was 'very sorry' as I left the room.
Anyone had any similar experiences good or bad?
I have no symptoms with this pregnancy either sad had sore boobs a few weeks ago but that stopped last week too. I'm still using the pessaries as they've told me to continue until the scan.
10 days seems like a long wait I rather know sooner so I can get this dealt with.
Xx

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Sat 11-May-19 14:42:43

I've heard that's it's ok to be up to 6 days behind in size but I'm sorry I would be concerned too with being 3 weeks behind? Were you tracking ovulation- are you certain on dates? Unfortunately progesterone can also hide a miscarriage -🤞you get better news in a few days x

MinAngel Sat 11-May-19 14:49:59

Hi thank you for replying. Yes that's my main concern as I'm 3 weeks out. I track ovulation so I know when I ovulated so I'm definite about my dates. I think I'll ring up EPU on Monday and has for a scan after 7 days as surely if there was a change they would see it by then.
I understand progesterone masks a mc, I don't know what's worse taking it or not taking it and at least having some symptoms such a bleeding. Xx

VenusStarr Sat 11-May-19 15:07:56

I had a very similar experience and it wasn't good news for me. It's really hard when you're waiting between scans. Be kind to yourself flowers I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst. Sending best wishes x

MinAngel Sat 11-May-19 16:01:04

Thank you, I guess that's I can do. I know it's not going to be a good outcome, had they seen a measure of 6 weeks I might have felt a little hopeful. 3rd pregnancy in 12 months so maybe it's time to give it a rest for a while xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »