Talk

Advanced search

Wheatgrass?

(6 Posts)
SallyMischievo Sat 11-May-19 08:34:52

Has anyone used wheatgrass as a means of trying to boost fertility? I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the choice online - I am guessing that the fresh one is better than the powdered? Any advice - and success stories! - very gratefully received.

VanillaSugarr Sat 11-May-19 08:41:36

I use fresh frozen wheatgrass and whilst it’s made me feel fantastic, fortunately I am not pregnant. It could be holding off the menopause though, so you never know. I spend £44 per month on it so it is an investment. And the problem is, once you start, you may not want to stop until baby is here. I know someone who wanted a baby but a vitamin supplement company told her that her blood contained too much lead (she lived near a railway line) so she shouldn’t try to conceive until she’d got her lead levels down. 15 years later I have a son and she is still taking the supplements and still no children. The best thing I did was to lose weight (secondary infertility plus 3 miscarriages before DS). I think the wheatgrass May make you feel a bit healthier but I don’t think it’s a miracle fertility food.

SallyMischievo Sat 11-May-19 10:29:43

Many thanks VanillaSugarr, this is very helpful. Secondary infertility for me too and time rapidly running out as I am in my early 40s! Can I ask how you take it? Store in the freezer and get a shot out to defrost an hour or two before you take it? Also, what does it taste like?! Thank you again!

VanillaSugarr Sat 11-May-19 15:57:04

It is packed in individual frozen sachets and yes, I take out one and either drink it near or put it in a smoothie. It tastes bitter but you can mix it with juice or grin and bear it.

I have typed “organic frozen wheatgrass” into google and it comes up. I don’t want to mention the actual name in case people think I’m trying to sell over Mumsnet!

The other thing I did was to use the pee sticks. And lost a tonne of weight. And got a job. I only started the wheatgrass juice to stave off arthritis!

Cleozeta Sat 11-May-19 17:11:28

I take wheatgrass as I read it can bring down FSH levels (I am also in my early 40's and worry about menopause) my periods have stabalised and FSH has gone down since taking it, but I also do accupuncture & herbs so it could be that, but I won't risk stopping it now just in case! I take capsule suppliments, one a day.

SallyMischievo Sun 12-May-19 08:58:07

Many thanks, ladies. I’m going to give it a try!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »