Talk

Advanced search

A positive then a negative- what are the chances?

(6 Posts)
PBfingers Fri 10-May-19 12:16:35

Looking for some line eyes please? Pic attached hopefully for your thoughts.

Background is earlier in week I got a faint BFP. Decided to double check before ringing Drs and now I have two pregnancy tests from today with different results, so confused!!

Tested this AM using the same urine for each test. FR one has come back positive and the CB digital is negative.

5 days late with mild symptoms like nausea and CM but now thinking all placebo.

Has anyone experienced similar?

xoxhayleyxox Fri 10-May-19 13:30:51

FRERs are a lot more sensitive than clearblues. Try again with a clear blue in a few days and you should have your positive! My FRER looked like yours 9/10DPO and then 12DPO I got my positive on my clear blue, congrats though!! Xx

PBfingers Fri 10-May-19 15:21:02

Thank you, that's really interesting. I really didn't think once you were late that it made much difference which test you used, there is so much to learn with ttc! Will try again in a few days and keep my fingers crossed xx

Kinsters Fri 10-May-19 15:33:05

You could have ovulated a bit later than usual, that would explain why it's not showing yet. Some people do just have a slow HCG rise though.

Hopefully you'll get it in writing soon!

wineymummy Fri 10-May-19 15:36:18

I read somewhere else that there's a bunch of faulty FRERs around at the moment giving false positives. Maybe look into that? 5 days late though sounds like it should be positive.

itwasalovelydreamwhileitlasted Fri 10-May-19 17:02:40

FRER have a sensitivity as low as 6.3 compared to 25 on clearblue digital - which if hcg doubles every 48 hours could put you 4 days adrift between a BFP on FRER. And getting a BFP on CB

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »