Talk

Advanced search

Lesbian couple - first try at IVF - stressed!

(3 Posts)
Phoebs47 Thu 09-May-19 10:12:10

Hi all,
This is my first post so apologies if I’ve put this in the wrong place!
My wife and I are two weeks in to our first IVF cycle and are currently down-regging on buserelin to line up our cycles.
Due to my age, we are attempting reciprocal IVF, so it will be my wife’s egg (she’s 29) and hopefully I will be carrying.
We’re super excited because this is something we’ve been wanting for years (only putting the process on hold due to family ill health) but it’s also really scary.
Due to our postcode, we’re not entitled any financial help from the NHS so we’ve literally put everything we have into this one go.
The doc says to stay relaxed and reduce stress.... erm, easier said than done! confused
Would love to hear from other couples going through the process, good luck to you all xx

Chefwifelife Thu 09-May-19 12:52:38

Hi OP. Good luck to you and your wife. I don’t know if you’ve already posted there, but you may be better off posting on “infertility” as there’s lots of threads on IVF and the likes x

HermioneWeasley Thu 09-May-19 12:54:45

Try comedy to make you relax, and laughter is very good for you generally

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »