Talk

Advanced search

TTC 1st Baby - Thread 17!

(924 Posts)
MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 15:50:33

Hi everyone! I’ve started a new thread as we are dangerously close to 1000 posts in the last one! I’ll add a link to it now smile Here’s hoping it’s a lucky one!

fertilityhelphub Tue 18-Jun-19 16:11:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LindyMoe Sat 15-Jun-19 14:13:41

Hi everyone, sorry I took a mental break back in thread 16! Hope there has been some BFP news.

Currently in 2 week wait and trying not to breakdown, as 13 days before period I already have my typical lower back symptoms sad. Lasting over a week now so so disappointed in myself.

Anything positive happening for anyone else??

Pinksunset1 Thu 23-May-19 22:50:12

Hi I was missed off this thread just to update
28 first baby cycle 6

I recently had my laparoscopy and have stage 2 endometriosis and had it burnt away I’m on the recover road from op and have had this ongoing pelvic issue since November so glad I have a diagnosis now husband has been so good while I’ve been recovering

LokiCat Tue 21-May-19 20:41:15

Sorry.. wrong thread 🤦🏻‍♀️

LokiCat Tue 21-May-19 20:40:26

Thanks for new thread @ValidUser! Can't believe we went through the last thread in just over 10 days!

My stats:
28, CD4 of cycle 7. MC in March

@purplefig made some Massaman curry with jasmine rice - really enjoyed it!
Makes sense that you've accepted it for this cycle! No disappointment but a lovely surprise if it does happen.

@Lozzlepop ahh how lovely! I love coming home from work and finding dinner ready on the table - I love DH's cooking!
Ooh I need to start doing that for our holiday. Find some safari chic 😂 I have a problem with overpacking though..

ValidUser Tue 21-May-19 20:09:36

Couldn't resist!

ValidUser Tue 21-May-19 20:09:14

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/3591843-TTC-First-Baby-Thread-18-Already

ValidUser Tue 21-May-19 19:59:59

Anyone feel like starting a new thread? I'm on the app so couldn't link even if I did start one!

Lozzlepop Tue 21-May-19 19:34:29

@LokiCat mmmm I love Thai! I got stuck in traffic and horrendous weather coming home but got in and DP has dinner made and on the table which was amazing ☺️ Trying to figure out when I need to buy for my holidays at the mo ☀️

purplefig Tue 21-May-19 18:29:30

@FlapJackered Hahaha yeah it does feel good this month, to be proactive. I've kind of taken a backseat the last few. I'll keep my fingers (metaphorically!) crossed for you that it's there when you return on Friday.

purplefig Tue 21-May-19 18:28:35

@LokiCat Ooo Thai food sounds good - what are you having? I'm not fussed if it doesn't happen this month - I've kind of got my head straight with it I think (as always knew there was a chance I'd be away over Ov).

@Lola871 I wouldn't test until day 35 of your cycle, as thats your longest period. Personally I find AF much easier to handle than a stark white BFP, but you might feel differently so entirely up to you!

Have a lovely evening everyone!

FlapJackered Tue 21-May-19 18:18:37

@purplefig 😂 you really are going full steam ahead with it! I love it! I have had some months like that, it just feels good to take some control of it sometimes. 💪🏻
I haven't had the appointment through yet. I am away so I am hoping it will be waiting for me when I get back on Friday. 🤞🏻

Lola871 Tue 21-May-19 17:58:46

@MrsH497 that's such terrible timing, I can imagine it's so hard to hear about anyone else getting pregnant.

I have no idea where I am in my cycle. aF could be due anytime between Friday and the following Friday (last 2 cycles have been 29 and 35 days). If it's on the shorter end then we managed pretty well in fertile week, if it's longer then we missed it as OH was away. I definitely got EWCM quite early, but then I may have got it again a week later, I'm not sure if it definitely was though, I'm not great on this cycle tracking 🤣 So I don't know whether to test end of this week or not, any suggestions?

And I'm not willing to go to temping / OPKs yet, I'd like to give it a few more months with a more relaxed outlook. I certainly won't be giving up coffee for a few more cycles!! OH drinks quite a lot of coffee (and a fair bit of alcohol) so I'm assuming things will take a while.

LokiCat Tue 21-May-19 17:52:05

Hi ladies! Hope you're all well. Only on CD4, wishing AF would hurry up and get out of the way. Nothing new to report otherwise.
Bought some ingredients to cheer myself up with some Thai food tonight 😊

@ELW85 I hope you have an amazing time at Harry Potter studios! I've been twice (once over Christmas and DH surprised me with an after hours deal the other). It's absolutely magical! Fingers crossed your great weekend ends with positive news!

@purplefig I really hope you get your bfp this cycle and your peak doesn't happen whilst away! You're putting some great effort in and I hope you get some positive news out of it!!
I might download fertility friend to try with temping for this cycle.

@MrsEG your DH sounds brilliant. Support from a partner always makes everything a little easier - I'm glad you have each other. Lots of luck to you both!

@MrsH497 that must have been so difficult to hear, I'm so sorry. I hope all goes well at the GP tomorrow. Your tattoo sounds like a lovely idea.

@Marleym28 Hope the tww doesn't drive you too crazy!! Enjoy dtd tonight!

Welcome newbies 👋🏼

I need to get up now. I can hear the neighbours in the garden butchering all the songs on their radio 🤦🏻‍♀️
Have a lovely evening all!!

MrsH497 Tue 21-May-19 17:45:36

@purplefig it's crushed me and feels so unfair. X

MrsR16 Tue 21-May-19 17:39:40

@purplefig I was the same as you, lovely! Got to cycle 9 with no hint of a BFP and literally thought "bugger it, this isn't going to happen for me!" And gave up with everything. That was when I got my BFP... but everyone deals with it their own way! Xx

purplefig Tue 21-May-19 17:31:10

@MrsH497 Oh I'm so sorry, that just feels too cruel. Let us know how it goes at the GPs.

@ELW85 Yes!! That's exactly my thinking. Positive thinking, we've got this grin

ELW85 Tue 21-May-19 16:35:38

@MrsEG - totally brought a tear to my eye reading about you and your DH.
You will only get stronger and closer, no doubt smile
He sounds awesome and you sound very well suited - like @Purplefig, I’ve got everything crossed for you two.

ELW85 Tue 21-May-19 16:33:02

@Purplefig - I totally hear you! It can consume your every waking minute to be fair, but tracking your cycle gives a really
interesting insight!
I just keep telling myself, I’m either going to get assurance that my cycle isn’t a problem, or it’ll identify the issue (like a short LP etc) and then we can address that.
See - I’m usually positive, haha!
I’ve been using OvaGraph which I think is similar to FF.

@Plattsy88 - welcome and good luck for this cycle!! So sorry to hear about your MMC.

MrsH497 Tue 21-May-19 16:23:47

@MrsEG yes hospital in Florida just did the 1 blood test which showed blood level of 56. I'm obviously jet lagged but mentally exhausted. A girl at work has announced she's pregnant it's crushed me.
I'll go to GP tomorrow and at least have it on record what's happened.

Plattsy88 Tue 21-May-19 16:11:43

@purplefig haha thanks! Yeah my partners not complaining at the moment lol.

Feels good to be over the MMC and have the excitement of TTC again!

Fingers crossed for all of us x

purplefig Tue 21-May-19 15:59:57

@MrsEG what an absolute legend, you're right about it only bringing you closer together too. I really hope you get the result you want soon too.

purplefig Tue 21-May-19 15:58:23

@Plattsy88 welcome! Sorry to hear about your MMC, but glad to see you are back ovulating again. Have fun tonight wink.

MrsEG Tue 21-May-19 15:57:09

@MrsH497 That’s Good. Did you just get the one blood test while away? I think it’s worth seeing if you can see your GP and just get it on record - they may do repeat bloods to confirm it. My first MC wasn’t too bad either, felt just like a period really. Look after yourself this week xx

@ELW85 @purplefig DH is the best, he’s been the one to have to call family etc and tell them, don’t know how he’s done it. Came to all my hospital visits with me and off his own back has booked a GP visit today for a sperm check. I’m so pleased it all seems to only be making us stronger - I just really really hope we manage to get the result we want soon now. I can’t believe how many months have passed and how much we’ve been through already!

How is everyone? Anyone due to test any time this week? Looking forward to some BFPs smile

Plattsy88 Tue 21-May-19 15:53:40

Hi everyone!

Age 30
TTC #1 post MMC
Trying since Oct 18
1st Cycle since MMC
CD12 currently ovulating!

grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »