Talk

Advanced search

TTC 1st Baby - Thread 17!

(924 Posts)
MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 15:50:33

Hi everyone! I’ve started a new thread as we are dangerously close to 1000 posts in the last one! I’ll add a link to it now smile Here’s hoping it’s a lucky one!

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 15:54:50

@FlapJackered Here’s my Ava link -
avawomen.ref-r.com/c/i/12607/30450633

I’ve really found it useful this month. Psychologically too I just like wearing it as it makes me feel like I’m doing something worthwhile! It had my O day exactly as my app and OPKs had it, too.

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 15:56:58

@FlapJackered
@Dollywilde
@purplefig
@Jessikka
@LokiCat
@dahlia123
@starkid
@Lozzlepop
@ELW85
@Meenabeena

FlapJackered Wed 08-May-19 15:58:05

Great, thanks so much @MrsEG I am going to order it now. 🤞🏻

starkid Wed 08-May-19 15:59:21

Wahoo, tagging my place! Age 29, Cycle 9, CD16, 1DPO, in case people like to see stats on a new thread smile

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 15:59:30

Placemarking - hi everyone x

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 16:00:17

@mirana
@starkid
@KatBeCool
@ValidUser
@PippaPug
@PinkFizz19
@Lottiepink
@Hopefulmum2be
@MotherOfShihTzus
@Fivebyfive2
@Marleym28
@orangeloo

So sorry if I’ve missed anyone hopefully everyone will spot the link!

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 16:00:46

@cupcakesandglitter Hi lovely, how are you getting on?

Dollywilde Wed 08-May-19 16:00:51

Thanks @mrseg! Lucky number 17 all?

Reminder stats for me:
Age 30 (boo, was 29 on the last thread!)
Cycle 2
Cd 11

Dollywilde Wed 08-May-19 16:02:27

Sorry also @flapjackered missed your post on the last thread. Sorry that AF turned up flowers hope you’re feeling a bit more optimistic with the plan to use the Ava.

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 16:03:19

@Lozzlepop Just answering from the old thread - I SO understand the DTD anxiety!! With SMEP this month my god I was sore, I was walking like an overworked Jockey by the end of it!!!

My stats too just as a reminder!
Cycle 9 but with two MC
9 DPO today and doing my best not to POAS or symptom spot!!

Lozzlepop Wed 08-May-19 16:13:04

@ Dollywilde haha I can just imagine the blood draining from his face lol

Thanks for the new thread @MrsEG my stats are
Cycle 2 after MMC
Not got a clue where I am in my cycle Glow says CD12 but thats a guess

Hahaha an overworked jockey 😂thats given me a right good giggle! We will be fine if OV day is over a weekend if not then effort will have to be applied, better dig the OPKs back out!!

Veevee457 Wed 08-May-19 16:13:36

I'll add myself too if that's ok
Age 33
TTC#1
Cycle 3
I had planned on doing the smep plan this month but not gonna lie, I'm waaay too lazy for that 🙈 just aiming for every second day/every 3 days. I'm opking so once that flashing smiley stays still we'll up our game!
Good luck everyone x

Veevee457 Wed 08-May-19 16:15:24

For some bizarre reason I just put myself at 2 years older there in my stats!!
I'm 31 (why am I making myself older?!) and on cd15

LokiCat Wed 08-May-19 16:17:19

Accidentally posted in the old thread 🤦🏻‍♀️

@MrsEG thanks for creating the new thread!

My stats:
Cycle 6, but mc in March
CD24 hoping ovulation is tomorrow!

I managed to get away slightly early and should be home in 20 mins 🤞🏽

@FlapJackered sorry to hear about AF. I hope the Ava bracelet helps!

@Meenabeena sorry about AF, as well! Understandable to feel disheartened by it. Hopefully a new cycle brings some positive news!

@Lozzlepop a night away sounds great, I hope it helps with the anxiety!
I had some spotting when we DTD at 5 weeks, then the heavy bleeding started.. so I've been thinking I'll be very anxious about having sex if I do get pregnant again.

purplefig Wed 08-May-19 16:21:02

@MrsEG so sorry to hear about your two losses. What an emotional rollercoaster you've been on. Glad to hear exercise has been positive for your mental health. I've been neglecting it for far too long so excited to get back to it. What do you do? I already do some yoga, but I'm going to be getting back into lifting. I love it. So empowering!

@Lozzlepop you sound like you've got such a good attitude. And hey, #FitMay can totally be a thing. Alliteration is overrated!!

@FlapJackered* hey! I remember you from before I took a break. I'd love to hear how you get on with the Ava bracelet. I've rarely used OPKs and never temped, so I'm giving the latter a go this cycle.*

Oh and as this is a new thread - I'm 28 and I'm on cycle 9 and day 2 (cramping and feeling very sorry for myself 😂).

purplefig Wed 08-May-19 16:23:08

Sorry if that message is all in bold - I've just downloaded the app and have had great fun with the formatting. What's that about millennials being digital natives?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Lozzlepop Wed 08-May-19 16:26:34

@LokiCat I am hoping that we will have DTD before then as we are planning to have a month off before actively TTC again! But it will be nice to have a little night away, we are going for my mums birthday so hopefully they wont be in the room next door lol! We had some prior to finding out I was pregnant and then when we attempted to DTD around week 7 (unfortunately around the same time baby stoped growing) so we just gave up! I will be exactly the same and telling DP its most likely to be off the cards until the 2nd trimester!

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 16:29:44

Good thanks @MrsEG turns out I had a CP, but just focusing on being positive and waiting it all out. I keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason and just to be patient... DH has his SA on Friday so fx we get some answers soon. How're you? X

Meenabeena Wed 08-May-19 16:34:20

Thanks for adding me to the thread smile
I just googled SPMEP and wow that's some workout 😅 we tried doing it every two days last cycle and then made sure we did it three days in a row when I got the smiley face on the ovulation stick. Sadly didn't work so let's try again this cycle. Will try the same as last cycle as it's Ramadhan I think the SMEP will be hard to stick to.

Lozzlepop Wed 08-May-19 16:36:04

@LokiCat good luck for a quick journey home 😉

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 16:53:09

@Meenabeena hey Ramadan Kareem! Didn't know we had anyone else fasting on here.. we DTD last night, bloody knackering 😂😅 I don't think I could deal with SMEP this month but I think we're going to try our best!

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 16:55:57

Oh also @Meenabeena my periods changed completely the month we started TTC, and have only just gone back to normal, I think stress definitely didn't help at all but I think I've figured out that my lighter cycles I wasn't ovulated which makes loads of sense now looking back. It isn't the case for everyone though, but I'd just monitor and keep and eye anyway smile x

Meenabeena Wed 08-May-19 16:57:23

@cupcakesandglitter Ramadan Mubarak 😁 I'm currently AF so not fasting yet. I should start on the weekend. I can imagine how knackering it must be haha but we gotta do what we gotta do 😉 loads of baby duas for you xx

Meenabeena Wed 08-May-19 17:01:05

@cupcakesandglitter How long have you been trying if you don't mind me asking? I've still only had 2 days bleeding this time but the flow was much more 'normal'. Hope I ovulate as normal this month. Will keep an eye on it. Thank you smile

PaintingOwls Wed 08-May-19 17:15:01

Hallo all, I'll add myself too if that's okay. I have been on some of the previous threads but have been feeling blue and withdrawn the last few months so haven't been keeping up. I'd like to change that.

TTC#1
Cycle 9(!)

I thought this month was it, AF was 5 days late but I got a BFN on a frer and then I got my period in the middle of lunch at the weekend which put a dampener on things...

I am feeling VERY fed up and like it'll never happen. I was using opks in the beginning then stopped from Christmas because my opk was positive 5 days before AF showed up and I was confused and angry that it wasn't working.

I tried temping but there was no consistency with when I was waking up so my data was largely useless.

Have bought opks again though and will give it another go.

LikeTheFruit Wed 08-May-19 17:19:51

Hello all!!

For stats

I turn 31 on Saturday
Cycle 5
Cd10 today.

Don't tend to ov until day 17/18 ish. So can enjoy this weekend away for bday DTD with no pressure!

Jessikka Wed 08-May-19 17:26:08

Thanks for bringing me along x

purplefig Wed 08-May-19 17:40:30

@PaintingOwls I'm on cycle 9 too, and have only just returned here after a few months off, so commiserations! I read somewhere it feels particularly hard because we could have had a baby by now, which I guess I do feel on some level. I just keep trying to remind myself it takes lots of people longer than a few months, and you just don't tend to hear about it, only the "omg we weren't even really trying" stories!"

PaintingOwls Wed 08-May-19 17:58:13

purplefig

Commiserations to you as well.

You might be right - I remember when we first started TTC I was worried about "clashing" with DP's birthday! What a nice problem that would have been to have, I think now smile

Yeah with the exception of 2 people (4 years and 20 years) everyone I know who has had a baby fell pregnant immediately, and I suppose I assumed that sounds happen to me too.

dahlia123 Wed 08-May-19 18:01:03

Thanks for the new thread @MrsEG - jockey made me giggle.

Good luck with the Ava @FlapJackered - I much prefer it to OPK sticks.

Happy birthday and happy BD in advance @LikeTheFruit

Welcome back and hi to all returnees and new posters.

My stat update for the new thread - I'm 32. Currently on cycle 5, CD14.

Lottiepink Wed 08-May-19 18:12:22

Hi everyone,

Thank you for setting up the new thread!

I've been so busy, so sorry for the minimal posting. Been reading back but it moves so fast 😂

7dpo today, and managing to not symptom spot, as I actually don't have any 🤣 ... apart from hayfever (I never get hayfaver) so bloody annoying. The pollen must be high.. I feel like ripping my eyes out!!

Last cycle I drove myself insane, but I had a lot of strange twinges and pg symptoms etc, so defo not over thinking this cycle. I kind of feel that it's been such a long time, until I go to the docs to intervene there's no hope...

Sorry guys really not being a moan, but just needed to get it off my chest 🤣🤣 feel good now 🙈😂

Hope you are all ok, and fingers crossed this is a lucky thread!!

coconutcurls Wed 08-May-19 18:17:41

Jumping on the new thread (I'm a lurker but don't really post) I love seeing everyone's journeys and the incredible support on here.

Cycle: 2
CD: 3

Only had one full cycle since I came off the pill in March and it was 35 days. Not using any OPKs or anything (yet) as we're hoping to take things as they come for now but I've already got them in my basket on Amazon 😂🙈

I'm kind of hoping my cycles get a little shorter as I already can't cope with such a long wait between them!

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 18:17:57

@FlapJackered Good luck with it! Mine arrived really quickly too, within a few days.

@Veevee457 Ha you definitely don’t want to be making yourself older - I’m 33 and at the stage where I’d like to be knocking off a few years haha!

@purplefig Thank you Hun, it’s been very hard but feeling a lot more positive the last few weeks. I love running and would just run every day if it was up to me - but DH is a personal trainer and encourages me to vary things a bit!! So I do some strength work with him too. I’m also starting Pilates this week!

@cupcakesandglitter Oh I’m so sorry about the Cp, how crappy for you. How are you feeling? It’s good to see you sounding quite positive - you’re right, everything happens for a reason and with these things, I’ve come to realise there’s just nothing you can do about them or anything that would change the outcome. I gave myself a really hard time after my MMC but have come to understand it wasn’t my fault and I just got unlucky. You’ll have that BFP soon I’m sure of it. And good luck to both you and @Meenabeena DTD while fasting!! That’s bloody commendable! You’re right, maybe SMEP isnt best this month, conserve your energy!

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 18:22:51

Thread moving fast today I’ve missed a bunch of people!

@PaintingOwls That sucks; I had similar last month - we weren’t really trying after my MMC but weren’t preventing either, and when AF was late I really got my hopes up - turns out my cycle was still a bit all over the place. She rocked up during a work meeting abroad! ugh!

@LikeTheFruit Happy Birthday for Saturday!

@Lottiepink Moan away! I’m 9DPO so we’re close smile Refusing to test though unless AF doesnt come on monday. I can’t hack BFNs!

@coconutcurls Hello! Yeah, I think if you can get away without all the baby gear (as DH calls it!) then that’s fab - I’m at the point now where I have an Ava bracelet and use OPKs 😫 It’s like having a second job!! Good luck with this cycle smile

Fivebyfive2 Wed 08-May-19 18:30:58

Hi all, is it OK if I still pop in to mark a place and see how you're all doing?

@flapjackered, so sorry af arrived, hope you get on OK with the Ava.

@MrsEG, nice one with the new thread, I still can't believe how fast they go over 900!! It's all us chatterboxes!! 😂 I'm keeping everything crossed this is your month!

LikeTheFruit Wed 08-May-19 18:43:00

Thanks @dahlia123 and @MrsEG !!
We're off to Prague for a long weekend. Hopefully the weather there is better then here!!

Dollywilde Wed 08-May-19 18:55:19

* haha I can just imagine the blood draining from his face lol*

So long as it doesn’t drain from other places I don’t mind much grin

Marleym28 Wed 08-May-19 18:56:10

Hi ladies.
AF due tomorrow. Noticed some spotting today so I'm prepared for her to arrive now.
Don't get me wrong I'm disappointed as I move into cycle 4 but what can I do?

Anyone due to test?
Seeing other peoples bfps keeps me going xx

Dollywilde Wed 08-May-19 18:56:28

Sorry that was to @lozzlepop !

Dollywilde Wed 08-May-19 19:03:32

Happy birthday for the weekend cake @likethefruit

@lokicat hope you managed to find time to BD!

@marleym28 sorry you think AF is on her way. I know what you mean about the BFPs, last month I was a bit <sigh> as I got a BFN on a big testing day but it does give me faith. I’m obsessively googling ‘how long did it take you’ threads on here and elsewhere though which I’m not sure is sensible.... it doesn’t change how long it will take for ME, does it?

Bloody hats off to girls fasting and TTC, impressive stuff!

Sometimes I wonder if the speed this thread moves at doesn’t help. After all, I’m already feeling like 31 days is about a year at the moment, and we’re managing to fill a whole thread in about six weeks grin

CB87 Wed 08-May-19 19:13:23

Hi,

I am TTC month 8, never posted here before. AF is due tomorrow. I normally have spotting but nothing as yet.
I am 32 and most of my friends and family fell pregnant in the first few months of trying so have been feeling a bit miserable to say the least.

I think I may be developing line eye (see attached pic) can anyone see anything?

Hope everyone has good news soon 🙂

Carly

winter138 Wed 08-May-19 19:15:40

Hello everyone, I'm new here!Posted on another thread but thinking now it was an older one... learning!

I'm 32 and TTC(trying to conceive)1st baby over 7 cycles in last 9 months (missed 2!), ovulated recently so now in 2 wk wait.Average 28 day cycle and on day 18 atm, guessing 3dpo but that's an estimate.

I've been trying really hard not to overthink it but with every month that passes it gets harder and lonelier so thought I'd join here for a bit more support. I've only just started tracking BBT this month but holding off on theovulationtesting as trying to stay relaxed about it and the thought of peeing on a stick every day is soul destroying!

I come from a really fertile family so I think that's what has made it harder as I wonder if there's something wrong with me. I just assumed that it would happen quickly!!

I get horrendousovulationpain each month and sometimes notice bleeding after sex which isn't helping my worrying...!

Looking forward to learning more about you all and supporting each other on this often lonely and stressful journey!

ELW85 Wed 08-May-19 19:16:59

@MrsEG thank you so much for the kind welcome and tagging me!
Stats:
Age - 34
TTC # 1
Cycle #2
CD8 currently in a 25 day cycle (usually) so expecting O on. CD11/12

And thank you to all of the lovely ladies who’ve been very welcoming and helping with advice! About to check out the SMEP now (DH will be terrified, haha!)

I can definitely relate to a lot of the frustration, especially when you’ve read all you can and you just get impatient for the BFP.

It’s great that we’ve got a resource like this and a way to support each other though smile

CB87 Wed 08-May-19 19:23:59

@winter138 same with the ovulation pain and fertile family. I recently got engaged so my huge family have been asking when we are thinking of starting a family. I know they don't mean anything bad by it but it doesn't help with the negative thoughts that something is wrong and that is why I haven't conceived.

MrsR16 Wed 08-May-19 19:32:00

Just marking my place ladies - still loving following you all! Xxx

ELW85 Wed 08-May-19 19:36:12

@Winter138 welcome (from a fellow newbie!)
It is so hard when you’re prone to overthinking (I am too!) and you’ve read all there is to read and tracked everything to within an inch of its life.
This is our second cycle of tracking and trying, but I can definitely relate to the worrying element, when you’re doing all you can and not getting very far.
We’re all in it together though and with all of us having these experiences, it must be quite normal!! smile

winter138 Wed 08-May-19 19:43:28

@CB87 it sounds like we are in a similar position Carly. I am also 32 and one month difference to you on cycle 7 of 9 possible as wasn't really trying the other 2 months. All my friends got pregnant super quick after trying or weren't even trying at all, oops! I just assumed it would be easier than this...

winter138 Wed 08-May-19 19:46:46

@ELW85 such a positive way of looking at it! You're making me so glad I joined today as i was worrying it was beginning to drive me crazy.

I am interested in how much you are all sharing your experiences with friends or family? My husband knows everything obviously but I normally talk things out with people if I'm worried about something and I feel very lonely atm keeping it all to myself. It can't be healthy but I also don't want people asking all the time or making it into a bigger issue than it is!

CB87 Wed 08-May-19 19:52:08

@winter138 my best friend is pregnant at the moment and fell pregnant first month, without really trying. I am so happy for her, but also a tiny bit jealous which makes me feel like a bad person. I think it's normal to think it is going to happen quickly but am sure it will happen for all of us soon. All the stress will be worth it in the end!

MrsEG Wed 08-May-19 19:57:53

@Fivebyfive2 Of course! Come on back whenever you feel like it, Lovely to see @MrsR16 too! How are you both doing?

@Dollywilde They really move so fast don’t they?! I think it’s just so nice to have somewhere to vent - there’s only so much moaning DH can take!

@CB87 @winter138 Hello and welcome! I know how you feel; mum fell pregnant first time with both kids and my sister had a honeymoon baby. It’s so unfair, surely fertility should be hereditary!! @CB87 I can see something on that test, but it’s hard to say for sure - could you test again with a FRER? Good luck!

MrsR16 Wed 08-May-19 20:03:15

@MrsEG hello lovely! I'm doing ok! I am super bloated all the time at the moment though... I'm 7 weeks today, so still 5 weeks to go before scans or anything. 5 weeks to worry that I'm actually making this all up! 😂 xxx

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 20:03:36

@Meenabeena thankyou! And you too ❤️ I've been trying for 12 cycles now, but I think last cycle was the first proper cycle and I actually think it's taken two years since coming off contraception for my body to settle, which is a shame but I'm glad I've learned a lot through this process. Don't get scared by my story though, everyone is super different x

Hey @PaintingOwls welcome back x

@MrsEG definitely, I actually feel really really good. It's definitely hit DH a lot harder than me, one of his friends has found out his wife is expecting which has really upset him. I'm feeling great though, I'm really feeling a lot more patient and learning to accept my body is just doing his thing and that my BFP will come when I'm ready. It is really easy to beat ourselves up but you know what, we've all been on these threads and actually we've all seen and been through so much that it's been a learning experience for all of us, and I'm glad to have you all here too xx

Hey @Fivebyfive2!! How are you doing? X

Hi to all the new ladies ❤️ xx

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 20:04:33

God @MrsR16 that's gone suuuuuper fast!! Glad you're doing well other than the bloat x

Meenabeena Wed 08-May-19 20:06:31

@winter138 I have a group of gf who know we are TTC and I've told them the different things I'm trying but I don't go into much detail. Partly because I want to keep it a surprise when I do get pregnant haha and partly because I feel like they won't really get my frustration. I know they are trying to be positive and reassuring but it doesn't help to constantly just hear it takes time don't worry it will happen. Sometimes a girl needs to vent which is why this group is awesome.

Lozzlepop Wed 08-May-19 20:07:35

@MrsR16 so happy to see you got your BFP ❤️

Meenabeena Wed 08-May-19 20:08:32

@MrsR16 Congratulations 😊 xx

Meenabeena Wed 08-May-19 20:10:25

@cupcakesandglitter of course your right everyone is different and its nice to read your positive thoughts. I'm trying to do that and think I'm getting there. I didn't cry when AF came this month so that's progress 💪🏽 haha learning to appreciate my body and give it time and have faith that it will happen when it's ready and not a moment sooner.

coconutcurls Wed 08-May-19 20:10:45

@winter138 I know what you mean about fertile families. DH and I both come from large families and both our mums have told us they got pregnant with us within a month of trying so I already feel a bit crap for being in cycle 2.
Remaining calm though as I know many of my cousins have taken a while to fall pregnant so know I have time still.

ELW85 Wed 08-May-19 20:32:06

@winter138 pleased I could help!!
It can be really isolating when you are so focussed on something and you feel like you’re not getting where you want to, without a reason why.
My husband and I talk about everything but we aren’t really talking to family or friends; not for any reason other than I don’t really want the barrage of regular questioning that my lot would provide!
I’m sure any support network you feel comfortable in sharing with would be awesome for you, but if you’re not ready to talk to people close to home yet, you’ve got us!!

CB87 Wed 08-May-19 20:36:01

@MrsEG Thank you. I think I am going to wait and see if AF makes an appearance tomorrow and then test again Friday if AF doesn't rule me out for the month.

MrsR16 Wed 08-May-19 21:11:40

@cupcakesandglitter thanks sweetheart! Yeah, doesn't seem like 2 mins ago that I was crying and waving a pee stick in DH's face! 😂 xx

MrsR16 Wed 08-May-19 21:12:35

@Lozzlepop @Meenabeena thank you!! It's still early days though... can't bear to leave this thread! Xx

Bettythecat Wed 08-May-19 21:14:08

Hi all just making my place too.

Age 30
Cycle 8 including 3 cycles where I was pregnant but had a MMC

I am CD 7 today and will ovulate next week most likely when I am away with work 😭🙄 so maybe another month down!

Things I do for TTC- Ovusense, OPKs, Preseed, vitamins and supplements, (new this week) accupuncture, healthy eating and exercise!!! Phew!!

orangeloo Wed 08-May-19 21:15:42

Hi guys, welcome all newbies.
Thanks for the new thread @MrsEG

31, TTC no 1, cycle 5, cycle day 5

@CB87 I can see something I think,I would maybe test again with FMU fx for you.

@winter138
I tend not to tell/ go into detail with people, as I find unless they tried for a long time or had fertility issues the just can't comprehend how it feels to have to 'try'. I don't know of anyone in my circle apart from one friend who had to try as long as me now. All my friends and fam were no more than 4 months.

@ELW85 There is conflicting info on the sperm and frequency of dtd so I would would say do what feels right for you and maybe vary cycle to cycle if you like.

@purplefig Totally agree about the clear blue. Comparing the colour on the lines is a stress I can do without atm. The more definitive an answer for me the better.

ELW85 Wed 08-May-19 21:19:39

@orangeloo thanks for the advice! We’re pretty much following the SMEP (now that I’ve read it, haha!) so I guess we can just keep trying as much as we can manage and hope for the best!

LokiCat Wed 08-May-19 21:44:31

Hi ladies! Thread moved fast!
I caught DH in time before he had to leave. DTD and then he ran out the door cos we obviously overran, whilst I lay in bed with my legs in the air 😂😂
Told him same time, same place tomorrow! 👀🤞🏽

Welcome new ladies!

@winter138 DH's older brothers have 3 kids each, so I get it a lot from my in-laws wondering when we'll have one! I guess they mean well but makes it so much more stressful knowing that everyone is just 'waiting for news'.
I've only discussed it in-depth with a friend as she's in the exact same position, so we're sharing our TTC woes.

@CB87 I can see something on that test as well, as well! Hope AF doesn't show up tomorrow 🤞🏽

@cupcakesandglitter it's really uplifting to read your positive thoughts. It's so easy to get caught up and feel downtrodden through this journey, but hopefully it will all be worth it. Also, as you say it's been really helpful to have the support on here! I'm sorry to hear about your cp but it's good to see that feeling a lot better 😊

@LikeTheFruit happy birthday for Saturday! I hope you have a wonderful time in Prague!

@MrsR16 wow can't believe you're already 7 weeks! I hope the next 5 weeks fly by so you can see your little bean soon!
Hope you're getting on great as well @Fivebyfive2

Good luck to you ladies TTC and fasting!

Lottiepink Wed 08-May-19 21:50:27

@CB87 I can see it!! Defo year with
FMU and see how you get on 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Lottiepink Wed 08-May-19 21:50:51

@CB87 *test

cupcakesandglitter Wed 08-May-19 21:51:46

@Meenabeena not crying when AF comes is a huge achievement!! Especially with this month, I really want to spend it just listening to my body and learning to be more grateful for what I have x

@MrsR16 😂 you've done longer than you'll have to wait for your scan so I'm sure it'll fly by x

Thanks @LokiCat this is definitely one that we're all in together - it's a complete rollercoaster but I'm glad we can all relate, TTC is crazy 😂😂 x

CB87 Wed 08-May-19 22:22:17

Thanks everyone. Am just trying not to overtest, will let you all know how I get on

PaintingOwls Wed 08-May-19 22:42:34

winter138

I am interested in how much you are all sharing your experiences with friends or family?

I stupidly told a few people in the beginning because I thought it would happen very quickly and as you can imagine, 9 months on, it's super awkward as they are feeling sorry for me and I am frustrated and embarrassed and just wish I'd kept my mouth shut.

Even the one friend I have who took 4 years to conceive is not really supportive. She asks every now and again and reminds me how long it took her and says things like "it'll happen when it's meant to be...." which I find maddening because I don't think there's a higher power or grand plan in place. I think she's forgotten the stress of it all.

My DM already harrasses me about having DC so no way would I ever tell her!

KatBeCool Wed 08-May-19 23:10:21

@MrsEG thank you for tagging. I'm currently sitting here all dizzy from the progesterone. I hate that it does that, I'm completely useless for at least an hour.

MotherOfShihTzus Wed 08-May-19 23:41:24

Tagging myself in smile

CB87 Thu 09-May-19 06:19:04

I actually still can't believe it... I couldn't wait until tomorrow and it's positive! I hope we all get good news this month! I am crying!

ELW85 Thu 09-May-19 06:36:01

@CB87 congratulations!! That’s amazing news!! X

flossy12 Thu 09-May-19 06:38:47

Congrats @CB87 ** 🎉🎉🎉👏🏼

Dollywilde Thu 09-May-19 06:51:19

Oh lovely @CB87! What fab news to kick off the thread. Huge congratulations smile

winter138 Thu 09-May-19 07:16:01

@cb87 congratulations Carly!!
What lovely news to wake up to! Over the moon for you!xx

MrsEG Thu 09-May-19 07:23:33

@CB87 Yaay!! What wonderful news for the first day of the thread!! Congratulations and wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

MrsEG Thu 09-May-19 07:24:35

I am feeling a lot less confident in this cycle this morning - 10DPO but temps still not rising and boobs now don’t feel sore at all anymore. Trying to remain optimistic but also realistic at the same time!

Good luck to all the other testers this week!

LokiCat Thu 09-May-19 07:45:19

Congratulations @CB87 what lovely news!!

@MrsEG power of positive thinking!! Hopefully AF stays away🤞🏽🤞🏽

LokiCat Thu 09-May-19 07:51:56

@Mirana I've only just seen your message on the old thread!
Thanks for letting me know! That helps a lot. I was planning on continuing to test with the OPKs just in case, as I wasn't 100% sure. The one this morning has gotten lighter though, so who knows!
Ahh bless you, happy you got your positive! Fingers crossed you caught ovulation 🤞🏽🤞🏽

granddesigns Thu 09-May-19 08:01:45

Just checking in on this new thread. Congratulations @CB87!
Currently cd21, cycle 6 - timings were really bad this month due to other commitments and being away for work so we did what we could but am not hoping too much whilst hoping that being more relaxed about it not working might make it work! Crazy! Had sharp possible ov pain last week and over the weekend a few days of on/off lower abdomen pain.... but am now full of cold which is just a symptom of being tired and grumpy and very hungry! Thanks for the new thread - will try and be better at following this time!

CB87 Thu 09-May-19 08:19:51

Thank you all! The only thing I did differently the last couple of months was take pregnacare vitamins as opposed to my normal ones. It may be coincidence but worth a try. Hoping you will all be joining me soon x

LokiCat Thu 09-May-19 08:21:01

@Mirana I've only just seen your message in the other thread - sorry!
Thank you for letting me know, that helps a lot! I was planning on continuing to test with the OPKs anyway, as I still wasn't sure if it was a positive. The test this morning was lighter though, so who knows!
Ah bless you, ttc and everything that comes with it can get so emotional! Happy you got your positive and fx you caught ovulation 🤞🏽

@Meenabeena just saw yours as well! We are similar smile I haven't noticed my periods getting lighter, if anything the last cycle was a little longer (although I don't know if the mc played a part in that!).

Meenabeena Thu 09-May-19 08:38:32

@CB87 Congratulations 😊 xx

Lottiepink Thu 09-May-19 08:41:31

@CB87 congratulations 😊

XjustagirlX Thu 09-May-19 09:02:41

Hi everyone
Can I join in

Age - 29
TTC - no.1
Cycle - 1

I’m currently waiting for af to appear (I’m due today) and then we can begin TTC. I’m so excited to start trying! I’ve been on countdown for months.

I’m going to try the SMEP method. I’ve been using fertility apps to track my cycle symptoms. I’ve also been taking folic acid and vitamin D. I decided against tracking my temperature just yet.

Mirana Thu 09-May-19 09:07:01

Thanks for tagging me in :D

@CB87 congrats!! Such a fab way to start the thread!!

@LokiCat No worries! It may have surged overnight and you caught the tail end of it! Which is fab because you dont ovulate for 12-36h after a positive and then the egg lives for 24h so you'll have 100% timed it perfectly!! Everything crossed for you. Sorry I'm an opk bore, it's been my life for 9 months lmao but hopefully helpful regardless.

Can't believe I'm only 4DPO. Time is moving so slowly!!! Seeing my GP today. We were talking about clomid but now I've ovulated I am not sure what she will say. Very excited to show her my reel of 30 opk pictures of 3 different tests haha, sure she wont find it neurotic AT ALL.

I booked an expensive lodge for my OH's 30th next month with it's own private hot tub, he pointed out at least if we didn't catch the egg this month I can boil myself in the tub with prosecco. Every cloud. Would rather have just caught the egg though! My mum had emergency surgery over the weekend (appendix removed) so I'm here caring for her. Her friend is popping around later with her baby. I dont begrudge her whatsoever, she had a very tough TTC journey, but I definitely find being around babies hard atm sad

Lozzlepop Thu 09-May-19 09:12:02

@Dollywilde haha keep the bloodflow to those essential areas!

@purplefig thanks we are trying to be positive and not let this blip get us down.

@LokiCat glad to hear that you made it home in time 😉

@CB87 congratulations 😁

Question for ladies who have experienced losses, how soon after did you start OPKs? Do you know if pregnancy hormones can affect OPK results if they are still in your system? 🤷🏽‍♀️Also when do you count day 1 of your cycle from?

MrsEG Thu 09-May-19 09:24:07

@Lozzlepop I gave myself 2 full cycles post MMC to start trying again, it took 4 weeks for all the HCG to leave my body (took ages to get the negative test). So as it had already taken that long we didn’t properly try (didn’t prevent either, but no tracking etc) the following cycle. I’m glad in a way as that cycle was randomly really long so I think my body was still sorting itself out. This month my cycle seems to be right back to normal - ovulated exactly when expected. I think the general rule is to try again once you have your next normal AF - it’s the only sure fire way to know all the HCG is gone and you have ovulated again.

@Mirana Good luck with the GP! At least as you say, if you don’t catch this month you have something fab to look forward too! FX for you though. It’s such a horrible waiting game!

@XjustagirlX Welcome smile We have done SMEP this month. It’s exhausting haha! Enjoy smile

@granddesigns Hello! I am so full of a cold at the moment too, my glands have really swollen up overnight - the joys! I always seem to get sick right on the cusp of the weekend...!

@LokiCat I know, I’m trying to stay positive either way as there’s nothing I can do to alter the outcome either way! Just going to try and put it to the back of my mind until Monday!

Meenabeena Thu 09-May-19 09:26:25

Question to everyone. So I've been taking folic acid tablets since we started trying in Jan. One every morning and I'm running low. Should I continue taking them? They say you should start taking them a month before you start trying. As it's not happened yet is there any problem if I continue taking them? Also are pregnacare tablets better than just folic acid tablets? And advice would be greatly appreciated smile

purplefig Thu 09-May-19 09:32:34

Morning everyone - how are we all doing?! My basal body temp thermometer is arriving today and I downloaded FF - I officially feel like a fully fledged TTCer!! Weirdly excited to try it again this cycle (9).

For anyone who hasn't seen them, FF has a great series of vids on charting. Only 10 mins tops and I found them really interesting as it's new to me: fertilityfriend.com/videos.html it really hammers home the point that the fertile window is super narrow (just 3 days in most cases) and that having sex at the right time is the most important thing. I think I've definitely missed it in the past. If you do watch the vids - warning: she uses the phrase 'baby making intercourse'. Vom.

@Lozzlepop that's really good to know. All the best with this next cycle, I hope your body is able to get back to business with ease.

@PaintingOwls Oh I'm with you there - all the "ooo should we try this month, it'll clash with X/Y/Z". Now I am like: dngaf.

@cupcakesandglitter** out of interest, what makes you think your last cycle was the first proper cycle you've had? I've been off contraception for 9 months (and trying since then) and I'm not sure if everything is working. I get some signs e.g. fertile CM, what I think might be ovulation pains and a somewhat regular period (varies from 27 days to 35 days!). I'm going to temp this month for the first time as from what I've read, that's a pretty good indicator of whether your not you're ovulation.

@winter138 We've been trying for 9 cycles and so far the only people that know are my husband (obvz!) and my acupuncturist. I am considering telling my mum thought, because she really wants grandchildren and keeps making 'joke-y' remarks which she thinks are harmless but are actually kind of tough to deal with. Plus she's an incredibly supportive person and I know she'd be great. But still. The thought of having to tell someone else that it hasn't worked for another month is off-putting.

@Bettythecat How have you found Preseed? I've got some but haven't got the courage up to use it yet!!

@LokiCat so nice you have someone you know in the same position so you can talk it through together. Also LOL at the legs in the air - we've all been there!

@Meenabeen @cupcakesandglitter** I love your attitudes about getting your period. It's so easy to be disappointed, but really our bodies are so freaking incredible. That said, if I feel the need to cry, I just let it all out (usually my dog comes bounding up to me and sits with me which is just the best therapy). And then afterwards I feel so much better and positive for the journey ahead. But I feel like I need that initial release if that makes sense?

@CB87 congrats - what amazing news!!

@Mirana 'boil myself in the tub with prosecco' - haha love it!! Hope your mum recovers well and you don't find the baby visit too upsetting.

Lozzlepop Thu 09-May-19 09:34:32

@MrsEG thanks hun, we are not planning to try again until after next AF but also slightly worried about being caught out (I know theres a very slim chance of this) so had done an OPK last night and got a fairly high negative result and wasn't sure if this meant I was due to OV or still had hormones flying about!

Meenabeena Thu 09-May-19 09:56:27

@purplefig yeah I totally get what you mean about the initial release.

Jumping in on your pre-seed comment. I got some and have only used it once. I think lube just isn't for us. It makes it more slippery haha I think DH just isn't into it. Tbf I've only tried applying it externally, might try Internally see if DH is able to handle that better.

ELW85 Thu 09-May-19 09:58:43

@purplefig tried Preseed last night (CD8/9) and it was fiddly to use and a bit...much.

Out of interest, how does everyone chart DTD? For example, if you do it on CD8 night time but it’s just ticked into CD9 (past midnight) which day do you record it on?!

xJune88 Thu 09-May-19 10:01:01

I did post on the ttc after loss board as I've had 2 losses myself but nobody took my offer so will offer to you guys instead. I have about 100 opks and 4 one step pregnancy tests and they're no good to me as I'm due in 4 days and have no plans of trying for another for a few years and they'll be out of date by the time I need more. If anyone would like them let me know and I'll post them to you, don't mind splitting them if people don't mind sharing. Goodluck on your journeys you will all get your BFPs and it will be so so worth it!! Leanne x

MrsEG Thu 09-May-19 10:17:13

@Meenabeena I take Pregnacare every day, there is also a Seven seas conception vitamin too which is pretty much the same.

@purplefig ‘Baby making intercourse’ oh god, if I ever called it that to DH...! Good luck with your temping!

@Lozzlepop Yep, it’s a bloody minefield of information post MC and what you can and can’t do etc! I do know some people who’ve caught before their first period ever came back so you never know!

Everyone mentioning PreSeed - we use it (I get very little EWCM) and have fallen pg twice with it. I find the best way to use it is without the stupid applicators and just applying a small amount as lube (it’s so watery so a little goes a long long way!)

XjustagirlX Thu 09-May-19 10:19:18

@MrsEG I told my DH how the SMEP works and he said he might not be up to it. But we will try our best. If af comes in the next couple of days my fertile window would be over the bank holiday which would be amazing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »