Talk

Advanced search

Negative OPK but BBT has risen

(5 Posts)
JoanneT88 Wed 08-May-19 08:19:33

Morning,

Advice please.

Have been temping and using clearblue Advanced OPK this month.

I have been get flashing smiles on my OPK for 8days now. Temped this morning and got a shift and put me over my average, my app has informed me that I actually ovulated yesterday on CD16 I took the temp a few times whilst lying in bed to ensure it wasn't a fluke.

So we DTD in CD 12 and 13. So would you say we stood a possible chance this month?

X

JoanneT88 Wed 08-May-19 11:00:46

Bump please

BookshopSally Wed 08-May-19 11:40:44

I think it sounds like you ovulated as your app says. Spent can stay alive up to 7 days so sounds like there is a chance.

I don't know about others, but I find the ovulation tests a nightmare! I have constantly flashing faces when I KNOW I have ovulated (as far as I possibly can) due to all the other bodily signs and symptoms and BBT, plus apps data. I did the NHS fertility awareness training and used this method as natural contraception for years so I feel I have a pretty good idea of when I'm fertile etc, plus use 3 apps which all allign, and yet those Clearblue OPK sticks are the only thing that just doesn't coincide with all my other tracking.

BookshopSally Wed 08-May-19 11:41:12

Sorry that should say "sperm" stay alive!

JoanneT88 Wed 08-May-19 13:02:44

I think I have a faulty test holder. I tried a new holder that I got with a new pack of sticks (was using old holder as apparently has a memory) when I used the new test holder it was a blank circle negative (I done the baseline test first and got circle then tested again all with same urine) and was blank.

I think I must have ovulated yesterday then if temp went up today.

I'm just worried now we didn't DTD close enough to ovulation ☹️ x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »