Talk

Advanced search

Needing a boost

(3 Posts)
MrsMac1489 Tue 07-May-19 21:35:45

I'm turning to you lovely ladies for some help/advice/kick up the bum.

My DH and I have been trying for our first baby since we had a complete miscarriage in January 2018. We've no seen a glimmer of a BFP since then and to make matters worse my once regular as clockwork periods have now dwindled to every other month if I'm lucky and ovulation happening even more rarely.

I'm using Ovusense and I genuinely love it - its faff free temping in my book and would recommend it for ladies who genuinely don't know when they ovulate. I've recently had blood tests and an ultrasound to rule out PCO. Although being fat, spotty and slightly hairy - insulin resistant PCOS can't be ruled out.

I know my main issue is my weight. I'm hovering around 19st with a BMI of 43 - my heaviest ever weight. We got into some bad habits and I've recently started down the path to get rid of the extra weight knowing that its the key to getting our rainbow baby.

I cant tell you how disappointed and frustrated I am that after being the golden girl of SW this week I've managed to PUT ON 4lb. I couldn't believe my eyes when I got on the scales - I'd not put a foot wrong all week and that's the reward I get.

I'm at the end of my tether - the dream of having a baby of our own seems to be getting further and further away.

Am I on my own, dear reader, in this what feels like a constant uphill struggle? My body seems to be working against me every way it can.

Help.

Squiff70 Tue 07-May-19 21:54:09

Aww @MrsMac1489, I really feel for you. I lost twins at 19 weeks in January and we're on our second cycle of trying again. I'm nearly 37 so I know my fertility is dwindling rapidly, but I'm using OPKs which suggest I am ovulating.

I'm overweight too - my BMI is 28 so I know I need to get mine down too. For the last three months I've had 1700 or less calories a day (bar two days when I had nearly 2000) and not lost a gram. It's the most frustrating thing in the world, alongside not being able to conceive. I'm even on prescription-strength Orlistat from my GP and not losing weight despite a low fat diet. I do have a thyroid disorder (Graves disease) and am under an endocrinologist.

Don't give up. Can you do the 5:2 diet or go carb-free for a few days and see if that 4lbs comes off? It could even be a fluctuation, especially if you've plateaued. Don't beat yourself up. Your weight WILL come off if you work at it, and I'm sure you'll get your rainbow baby in time too. Keep trying.

MrsMac1489 Tue 07-May-19 21:57:02

Thank you so much. Its so hard knowing that there is one thing that will definitely help you conceive and it’s just not happening. Xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »