Talk

Advanced search

Test or wait for AF ????

(4 Posts)
Jonesydocandjr Tue 07-May-19 19:41:17

Hey!

So this is my first month ttc for child number 2 . I already have an adorable 18 month old son but since my brother passed away at the end of last year I couldn't stop thinking about how much I wanted my little one to have a sibling! Yes I always wanted more than one but it's suddenly seemed that much more important .

Any way when I conceived my DS we were so chill about it and after a lacklustre first month I was shocked when I realised I was late ... then BFP!!! This time around I am so much more stressed ! I keep telling myself it's just the first month and I need to chill .

So my question is this does testing before the arrival (or not) of AF make you more or less stressed??? I can't decide wether to just test and get the bad news over with or wait till Sunday ????

jenn88 Tue 07-May-19 20:31:59

I just tested today!! BFN, but only 5 DPO, It's silly to test and I know that! Tests are designed to be taken on the day AF is due!! So why my hands go the draw and pull out a test I don't know!!!!!! Crazy TTC syndrome!!!
Don't test! Wait until AF due!!
You will
Drive yourself mad just like me!!!!

Littlefroggy18 Tue 07-May-19 20:38:01

I would wait if you can. If not until AF due than at def no earlier than 2 days before. If you test before that you won’t believe the outcome anyway, you’ll just keep testing/stressing/worrying until you’ve passed the elusive AF due date anyway.

Jonesydocandjr Tue 07-May-19 22:04:11

I know you guys are right!! You are you are!!! Part of me is like 'just take the test ... then you'll know' but the sensible , much smaller voice says ' but you know that won't be the end ... patience!!! '

So I wait .... this month ... I promise nothing for next month ! Lol

Good luck guys !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »