Talk

Advanced search

Conceiving with an irregular cycle!

(3 Posts)
BadmintonBadass Tue 07-May-19 12:54:24

Didn’t had a period for 14 months after having DD (breastfeeding) and just when I thought they’d settled into a regular cycle of around 27-28 days, last months cycle was 32 days! How am I meant to conceive if I don’t know how long my cycles going to be?!
I know people will say have sex all month long but honestly me and OH are so knackered from DD still not sleeping through the night (and waking up at 5am every day!!!) that we don’t have the energy or inclination! blush
Any tips please?!

FutureMrsD Tue 07-May-19 13:07:28

Just jumping on your post (if that’s ok) as also TTC with irregular cycles. Currently on CD 48, last cycle was 51 days so maybe AF will come in a couple days.
Thinking about investing in the Clear Blue Advanced Ovulation kit for my next cycle. Would love to hear any suggestions.

MummyBearBoo Tue 07-May-19 17:21:14

My cycles have always been long they were 5.5 weeks then I had a CP then they went to 42 days I use CB OPKs I wouldn't have a clue without them - strange thing was though I did forget to use FMU for OPK on main day (cd 28) and did one a bit later much more diluted and was very dark but no smiley face so not positive so I didn't get positive this month but this was the darkest one I had so I assumed AF was due yesterday (2 weeks after strongest line). When it didn't come I though I'd test coz didn't want to kill it at the gym if I was pg I got very strong BFPs on Frer and CB digital - so OPK aren't totally accurate but they give you some idea - I liked them coz usually I got a faint line day before smiley face and they do say day before is the critical day!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »