IAmNotPatientOrPregnant Tue 07-May-19 12:38:36

Anyone know?
I'm only 9dpo
Got this line today.
Do I test again?
Do I wait?

I have no clue.

GiveMeFiveMinutes Tue 07-May-19 12:41:07

No need for another test, that one is clear as day. Congratulations!

Contact your GP to make a booking appointment with the midwife in a few weeks.

RudyRoo Tue 07-May-19 17:13:34

@IAmNotPatientOrPregnant I thought the same as you 😂 I did another test the next day just to be sure but mine was a blatant line at 15DPO (didn't test before as I didnt think I would be).
Just called my GP today and they gave me a number to call for the midwife. Got my first appt booked for 6th June. Apparently around 9 weeks is normal. So long to wait!

RudyRoo Tue 07-May-19 17:14:07

Have you worked out your due date?

crazychemist Tue 07-May-19 17:16:58

Looks pretty clear to me! If you like, you can take another test in a week to reassure yourself that nothing has gone wrong and then phone your GP to ask for a booking in appointment with the midwife. I think they usually like to do them at about 8 weeks (dated from the first day of your last period).

MummyBearBoo Tue 07-May-19 17:24:30

Congratulations - I got these this morning but I had a CP 3 days later last month do you think I should leave it a week or 2 (I'm 15 dpo today) before contacting midwife? Last twice I've been pregnant I didn't find out till 6 weeks and 5 weeks gone so this seems really early?

IAmNotPatientOrPregnant Tue 07-May-19 20:19:54

I did a Lloyd's retest when I got home from work. There is a line but it's very faint now. sad I feel like that first test is a fluke. I cant see how it can be that strong at 9dpo

EnjoyItAll Tue 07-May-19 20:38:40

It may be that the test is less sensitive. I only took 1 test and waited for af for this reason. Your first picture is a very clear positive so try sitting tight and waiting rather than testing multiple times one after the other. Once your ready call your gp surgery and they will advise you of how to refer to a midwife but they won’t book you in usually until around 8/9 weeks. Congratulations!

MummyBearBoo Tue 07-May-19 21:17:16

I have to go a bit earlier coz I have to have a dating scan 7/8 weeks so they know when I'll be 11 weeks for CVS! Xx

NikolaPiccola Wed 08-May-19 12:30:59

The colour of the line depends on the urine sample and what time of the day it was done in, it depends on the concentration which determines hcg levels and also the sensitivity of the test. Try to not stress about it too much!

MummyBearBoo Thu 09-May-19 16:51:07

What does this mean the control line is really faint but the test line is darker does this mean the test hasn't worked or is it a good sign?xx

RudyRoo Thu 09-May-19 16:57:41

@MummyBearBoo mine did this a bit too (not quite as strong as yours) so I was intrigued and googled it and this came up:

What does a faint control line and dark test line on First Response Pregnancy Test mean? ... I actually called First Response because I had this same thing happen to me. They said that the reason the control line is so light is because your HCG levels are so high that it actually 'pulls' color from the control line.

MummyBearBoo Sat 11-May-19 11:01:41

Thanks @RudyRoo - i did a test 2 days earlier and both lines were really strong so I was just worried that this test wasn't valid if the control line was faint -thank you for the reassurance - how far along are you now? Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »