Talk

Advanced search

Positive ovulation tests for six days in a row - now a positive pregnancy test??

(65 Posts)
PastaSauceHoarder Mon 06-May-19 16:18:56

Hi all, I really hope someone can help me.

8 weeks ago I had to terminate a 12 week pregnancy that was incompatible with life and I haven't had a period since. From the 24th to the 29th April I took cheapy pregnancy tests which gave me a reeeeally faint (like you could barely see unless squinting at an angle) positive on each one, though they didn't seem to be getting any darker. On the 30th I took a clearblue digital that said Not Pregnant, so I thought that was that.

Started using OPKs and for the past 6 days they have all been positive. Bit unusual for me so did some googling that led me to taking another pregnancy test this afternoon - it came out very clearly positive.

Whats happening with my body?? I got the Not Pregnant result only 6 days ago, why would I get a positive cheapy test today? Could I actually possibly be pregnant again? Or is my body just STILL full of leftover hcg? This is all such a massive headache...

I've attached a photo of the ovulation tests (green) and the pregnancy test (blue). I'd be so grateful for any insight.

louisvootin Wed 08-May-19 16:33:27

fingers crossed for u op

Starlight456 Wed 08-May-19 17:30:55

I was hoping for news.. still got fingers crossed for you and good luck for job interview

PastaSauceHoarder Wed 08-May-19 18:59:30

Thank you all for the encouraging messages, I can't wait to just know for certain or not. I took another two tests today, both darker and stronger than yesterdays positives. Bloods tomorrow, though I'm not sure when I'll get the results.

And thank you, @Starlight456! I think it went well, will here back from the job on Friday. This is a really big week, haha.

Also many congratulations @MummyBearBoo, fingers crossed for nine healthy months. 🀞🏻🀞🏻

VenusStarr Wed 08-May-19 19:15:23

That's really good news about the tests being stronger @PastaSauceHoarder. I'm even more convinced that this is a brand new pregnancy smile gives me hope smile

Hope you get good news about the job too.

MummyBearBoo Wed 08-May-19 20:52:01

@PastaSauceHoarder -thanks hun -fingers crossed for you it does sound encouraging if they're getting darker coz that would suggest HCG levels would be going up not down indicating new pregnancy!!! Xx

KnitKitty Thu 09-May-19 08:00:54

@PastaSauceHoarder Firstly, I'm really sorry for your loss. xxxx

Secondly; I'm going to throw caution to the wind and say congratulations... This really does seem to be a new pregnancy.

It could be that when you took the negative digital test you were a couple of days early for testing, but were already pregnant.
With my losses the pregnancy tests have become lighter and lighter, never got darker. Do you feel pregnant?

PastaSauceHoarder Thu 09-May-19 12:38:17

Hi everyone, bloods have been taken, nice and quick. I need to ring on Monday(!) for the results. I'll definitely make sure to keep you all updated. πŸ’›

I don't exactly FEEL pregnant @KnitKitty, though I suppose I am getting a few symptoms now I think about it. I keep waking up every morning with a brand new spot on my nose and I'm having a few digestive problems at the mo. Though I think if I was pregnant now I wouldn't be anymore than five weeks maybe?

How are you doing @VenusStarr, do you think you have ovulated yet? smile

Starlight456 Thu 09-May-19 12:49:24

Will be a long weekend for you x

VenusStarr Thu 09-May-19 13:17:50

Got my fingers very tightly crossed for you @PastaSauceHoarder 🀞hope you have a restful weekend x

Cd9 for me and dont think I've ovulated yet. Still had a fair bit of ewcm this morning. I'm thinking maybe it'll be tomorrow or day after, which isn't far off my usual day. Hoping we'll be lucky this month.

MummyBearBoo Thu 09-May-19 16:46:34

Got my fingers crossed for you @PastaSauceHoarder xxx

VenusStarr Mon 13-May-19 11:52:22

How are you getting on @PastaSauceHoarder, any news from your blood test? X

PastaSauceHoarder Mon 13-May-19 12:01:50

Hi @VenussStar, thanks so much for thinking of me. I rang the GP this morning but unfortunately the results line doesn't open til 2pm, so I'll just have to wait a bit longer.
I'm really worried now though because for the last three days I've had light brown spotting... I know in some cases its nothing, but in others in can turn into the worst outcome can't it?

How are you getting on, are you maybe in your TWW now? smile

SirVixofVixHall Mon 13-May-19 12:05:53

Light brown spotting is pretty common with implantation, so try not to think the worst. I had it at roughly the same time as you would be if you are pregnant, and all was fine.
Fingers crossed for you op.

VenusStarr Mon 13-May-19 12:12:45

How frustrating for you @PastaSauceHoarder but I guess you've waited this long 🀞 hopefully the spotting is nothing sinister. If your bloods do show high hcg levels I hope they can offer you a scan x

Yes I think I'm in the tww - don't think I did ovulate early in the end, just had a lot of ewcm! Counting today as 1dpo, really hoping we managed to catch the egg, dtd a fair bit 🀞

PastaSauceHoarder Mon 13-May-19 12:26:48

Thank you @SirVixofVixHall, thats reassuring. I think its because its gone on for three days and seems to be getting a little bit heavier each time (though still not what I would call heavy if that makes sense), thats whats making me worry.

Brilliant @VenussStar, heres to a quick and successful TWW!! Lots of extra EWCM is great, fingers crossed it gets that sperm to where it needs to be. 🀞🏻🀞🏻

ilovesocks Mon 13-May-19 12:32:33

Just read the whole thread, thinking of you @PastaSauceHoarder thanks

SirVixofVixHall Mon 13-May-19 13:58:16

That is just what I had op. They scanned me but it was too soon to see a heartbeat so I had to wait another week to see if the pregnancy was viable, thankfully all was fine and the spotting stopped after three or four days.

PastaSauceHoarder Mon 13-May-19 14:14:11

I just managed to get through to the results line - they said that hcg shows that I am definitely pregnant. But she said that there was a note on the screen saying that I needed to make an appointment with the doctor as well. The next available one was the 4th June.

Why would I have to see the doctor, could it be because something is wrong??

ikphillips Mon 13-May-19 14:17:47

Hi @PastaSauceHoarder didn't want to read and run. Maybe the doc will want to make sure you're ok and refer you to EPC and the experts. I'm sure all will be fine. You're in the best hands x

cakesandphotos Mon 13-May-19 14:18:00

Congratulations!! I expect the doctor wants to see you because you aren't long past your miscarriage. If you're worried, ring and ask to speak to the doctor

ikphillips Mon 13-May-19 14:18:18

@PastaSauceHoarder and congratulations!! X

ColchesterElderly Mon 13-May-19 14:21:15

Congratulations! Maybe you can phone up and ask to speak to a doctor and ask about being referred to the EPU before then sonthey can confirm this is a new pregnancy for you and it’s all okay?
Or if you can afford it, many private hospitals offer a same day early pregnancy service with a scan with a consultant. Or the local private fertility place will as well.

SirVixofVixHall Mon 13-May-19 14:36:52

Congratulations op. I imagine the appointment is simply because it is so soon after losing your previous pregnancy. I agree, call and ask why if reassurance would help.

PastaSauceHoarder Mon 13-May-19 14:51:44

Thanks so much everybody, you're probably right - its not even been 9 weeks since the induced miscarriage yet, I'm just so worried. But the amount of support I've had on this thread is amazing, so thank you all. πŸ’›

What I'm going to do is ring the midwife who dealt with our TFMR, we have a meeting with her on the 24th July but I'm sure she said to ring her if I fall pregnant again before then because she would want me in her care. Unfortunately I can't ring her until the morning now because I've got work until 6pm!

VenusStarr Mon 13-May-19 14:55:59

Great news! @PastaSauceHoarder. I think the GP just wants to make sure they plan your care effectively. If it was bad news or urgent, no way would the wait that long. Hopefully you can have a scan arranged. Getting in touch with the midwife is a good plan, hope you can get hold of her tomorrow.

Congratulations smile xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started Β»