Talk

Advanced search

TTC after chickenpox: How soon?

(3 Posts)
chocapic Sat 04-May-19 21:46:12

Hi ladies,

I came down with chickenpox (caught from my husband’s shingles) a week ago and wondering how soon we can start TTC.

We’ve been through 2 MCs in the last 6 months. Last one was a chemical in early April, following which DH had shingles, we skipped TTC this month, and now it’s me with chickenpox, which i unfortunately never had as a child..
I am still due to get my AF after the chemical - I feel it will come within a week and we could in theory TTC later this month (c.3 weeks from now, and c.4 weeks since the start of the chickenpox), but is that too soon?
I really hope we won’t have to wait for too long. We were really keen to start again soon, after such terrible stretch of events...
All the best xxx

Maranello4 Sat 04-May-19 22:29:37

Hi there I had Shingles last year and was advised to leave at least 2 months before TTC again.

chocapic Sun 05-May-19 16:27:51

Hi Maranello4 - that’s quite a while..I guess we better use the time to do the various tests we’ve been planning to do to see whats next for us after 2 MCs, as I suspect with some or the test you need to wait to TTC anyway..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »