Talk

Advanced search

Chances of being pregnant?

(5 Posts)
AnonAndAnon Sat 04-May-19 20:59:07

I’ll start this by saying I know there’s no way that anybody can know the answer to this, but I’d appreciate people’s thoughts until I can test.

I’m married with 2DC and don’t want anymore. I can’t take hormonal contraceptives and DH is waiting for a vasectomy.

I’m 35 and have a history of getting pregnant very quickly (once on the Pill and another within 2 weeks of deciding to TTC), which isn’t helping my anxiety. Admittedly my other 2 DCs were conceived almost 10 years ago.

I’ve attached a picture - we had sex early hours of 26 April and the condom spilt. I took the MAP (Levonelle) later that afternoon. According to my app, I was due to ovulate the following day but I was getting EWCM that day and have ovulation pains.

Today, I’ve been having really sore breasts. It was my biggest sign with my two other pregnancies but I do get them when I am due my period and I’m not sure if it could be a side effect of the MAP?

I’m guessing the chances of me being pregnant are quite high? If so, what do you think the earliest I could test would be? Would tomorrow be too soon?

This isn’t a pregnancy I would continue with so I would want to know ASAP so I could take the necessary steps.

Mrsmummy90 Sat 04-May-19 21:04:54

If you were pregnant, I'd leave it a few more days before testing. MAP can give side effects that mimic pregnancy and it can also have an effect on your cycles so you may be late for AF.

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Sat 04-May-19 21:05:13

The MAP works by stopping ovulation (I think) so if you had already started showing signs the day before it was due, then the MAP may not have been able to work. Not what you wanted to hear. Sorry. thanks

AnonAndAnon Sat 04-May-19 21:15:54

Thank you both smile

I’m doing the supermarket shop tomorrow so will pick up a couple of tests and try to hang out until Monday, when I would be 9/10dpo roughly.

I’m hoping that the sore boobs are just me being hyper aware of my body, knowing there’s a chance I could be sad

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Thu 09-May-19 14:35:03

How are you getting on @AnonAndAnon ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »