Talk

Advanced search

HELP! Cycles 39-41 days am i ovulating?

(13 Posts)
Luckylola12 Fri 03-May-19 19:06:23

So ive started reading stuff on google! And it says if you have cycles that are 35+ days its likely you arent ovulating 😭 what do i do???

kittycat01 Fri 03-May-19 19:27:46

@Luckylola12 don't listen to Google! I had 39 day cycles and am currently pregnant. You will only know for sure if you've ovulated though by doing OPKs or temping (which is highly recommend)! Good luck!

kittycat01 Fri 03-May-19 19:28:30

@Luckylola12 *which I highly recommend

Mammyofasuperbaby Fri 03-May-19 19:31:19

Don't listen to google. I have very irregular cycles due to pcos and I average 42.5 days per cycle and I'm currently pregnant and its my third time

Luckylola12 Fri 03-May-19 21:42:24

@kittycat01 @mammyofasuperbaby thankyou both so much! Sorry i think i was having a moment! Its my 4th cycle ttc. 1st 2 afs were 39 days apart and last one was 41 days so just not sure when im ovulating! I was using clear blue opks but never got any smiley! Just feeling a bit low today but great to hear your success stories 😊 thankyou!

MacrosomicMumma Fri 03-May-19 22:08:20

This was me and with OPKs I worked out when I was ovulating and got pregnant that way. Without opks I wouldn't have had a chance as I ovulated really late in my cycle not in the middle as supposed to. I'm currently pregnant with my second child. The first one did take 2 years but this one 1 month of trying!

Luckylola12 Fri 03-May-19 22:57:07

@macrosomicmumma thanks for sharing your story! I didnt realise you could ovulate late? So could it be as late as a week before your period? And congratulations! 😁😁

MacrosomicMumma Sat 04-May-19 08:17:04

@luckylola12 yes you can ovulate at all sorts of times. My average cycles were 35-39 days and turns out I was ovulating about 4-5 days before the end of my cycle (so around days 30-35). We'd been trying for ages before we started tracking ovulation and obviously had had no hope as it was no where near my ovulation 🤦🏼‍♀️

I think in the end the month I got pregnant I ovulated about 7 days before the end of my cycle....

Thank you! Good luck!

Luckylola12 Sat 11-May-19 10:52:01

@macrosomicmumma hello again! I am currently on cd 42, no sign of af what so ever and took another test today still bfn. Just wondereing when you ovulated a week before af, did it take a while to get a bfp to show up on a test?

MacrosomicMumma Sat 11-May-19 20:23:12

@Luckylola12 well first time we had just stated our IVF journey (had our first appointment and were waiting for the first set of standard tests) so I'd given up thinking i could even be pregnant so first time I didn't test till really late as totally had stopped tracking periods....

Second time I got a negative test around the 'normal' time to test if I had normal cycles and then a positive about a week after that which was probably more in keeping with my cycles.

Sorry not sure that helps much! Fingers crossed for you. I know how much this stuff can mess with your head x

MacrosomicMumma Sat 11-May-19 20:25:43

Also @Luckylola12 some months I didn't manage to capture my ovulation at all so that was also quite normal for me. As i'd stopped all tracking first time round and hadn't started second time round I don't know if it would have showed I had ovulated or not x

Luckylola12 Sat 11-May-19 20:55:49

Thankyou @macrosomicmumma 😊 i tried to track ovulation but gave up! Was stressing me out using opks. If af does eventually arrive then im going to try temping see if thats easier! I currently have no symptoms, just some slight yellow cm but thats it! Who knows whats happening, just dreaming of the day i get a bfp 😊

MacrosomicMumma Sat 11-May-19 22:33:03

@Luckylola12 it definitely added to the stress levels but tracking it helped me understand my body and my spreadsheet (yes, yes I went that far) helped me make our case for IVF after 2 years.....

There were so many months I had symptoms of pregnancy but actually, on the 2 times I have been I had no symptoms at all. Fingers crossed again for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »