Talk

Advanced search

How often to DTD

(12 Posts)
JoanneT88 Fri 03-May-19 10:14:30

Morning,

So DH and I are trying for baby number 2.
We have a DD who is 2.5 and we had a MC last May. I have recently had surgery for endometriosis in March so this is out first official Month of TTC again.

How many times roughly do you DTD in fertile window. I have read such conflicting advice. We are trying to relax and have fun but also want to give ourselves to best chance possible.

I'm using clearblue OPKs and am on 4th Day of Flashing smile and I'm currently CD12.

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 03-May-19 10:18:12

As often as possible!

RudyRoo Fri 03-May-19 10:18:39

@JoanneT88 I just got my first ever BFP after 8 months trying. This time we DTD everyday for 7 days in fertile window and it seemed to do the trick! Good luck!

challengeyourreality Fri 03-May-19 10:20:17

We had been trying in a relaxed way for months for DC3 and eventually decided to give it a serious go and had sex every day for a month. It worked first time so it's worth a try if you can manage.

Rayna37 Fri 03-May-19 10:20:26

Every other day

challengeyourreality Fri 03-May-19 10:22:21

Also because DH had read that the penis is shaped to act as a suction device that during sex works to remove old sperm and replace it with new sperm. So we reckoned it was worthwhile trying every day to have the best chance of fresh sperm ferilizing the egg.

Scrumptiousbears Fri 03-May-19 10:24:15

My consultant advised every other day.

JoanneT88 Fri 03-May-19 10:24:30

Every Day for a month. Cor grin

I'm not 100% on my fertile window as I think my surgery as changed my cycle.

I have had flashing Smile on OPK for 4 days which but only a little wet CM not EWCM yet. If we done it every other day until next period she would you think that would have covered me?

pinkstar01 Fri 03-May-19 10:34:03

I just got my BFP after over a year and a half. This cycle I was a lot more relaxed and only DTD 3 times but I used an OPK so i knee when I was going to ovulate. Twice before and once on the day of ovulation and it seems to have worked!

Suzie2287 Fri 03-May-19 11:23:41

I’ve always been told every other day is best. But I suppose no harm in doing it whenever you can 😂

JoanneT88 Fri 03-May-19 14:36:36

It's hard to to take the fun out of it by being technical with Sex but you feel like you always want to give yourself the best shot each month. hmm

Fatted Fri 03-May-19 14:41:32

I didn't bother with tracking my cycles very much. But we were very relaxed with DS1 and it took nine months. After 4 weeks of DTD every other day, I was pregnant.

With DS2 we DTD every other day for two weeks after my period finished (on holiday at the time grin) and was pregnant by the next period due date.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »