Talk

Advanced search

Are we doing something wrong.....

(8 Posts)
20TinkerBell20 Thu 02-May-19 11:47:51

My first two cycles coming off nexplanon were 31 days long then next two have been 27 then 28. Last two months were dtd every other day between AF finishing and my fertile days finishing and no bfp. I know really I’m being unrealistic because it’s only really been 4 months off contraceptive but with our first it just happened without even trying and now I’m annoyed with my self for not getting the implant out sooner because I had ‘plans’/ hoped as such to be on maternity by Xmas and now I know we won’t even get a 2019 baby sad

EvelineUK Thu 02-May-19 12:04:00

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

justchecking1 Thu 02-May-19 15:30:13

I wouldn't stop BD after your supposed fertile window. This can move around and you might miss it. Could you start BD a bit later and keep going?

Hall84 Thu 02-May-19 18:32:04

I've not long come off the implant as well and it sounds like your cycles have regulated much more quickly. Despite coming off in March I haven't had af arrive yet! Good luck

MsSquiz Thu 02-May-19 18:43:31

We tried for around 18 months prior to conceiving, after having my implant removed. I was tracking my periods and ovulation each month, then started using OPKs and having sex became a chore!

The month we conceived, we only had sex twice, in the few days before I ovulated because life got in the way!

So I know it sounds patronising, but don't get hung up on having a baby by a certain time and try to take a relaxed approach, sex is supposed to be fun!

20TinkerBell20 Thu 02-May-19 21:11:46

I know I’m being completely unreasonable - I think I’m just annoyed with my self for not having it taken out sooner. Thankyou for all your advice and words of wisdom I think I just needed talking down. If I started using OPK what would you suggest using and how do to time a positive OPK and dtd? How would you ensure you hadn’t missed it?

Chanel05 Fri 03-May-19 08:43:19

OP remember it is perfectly normal to take up to 12 months to fall pregnant. There's only a 20 odd% chance of falling pregnant each cycle even when you do everything at the perfect time and 50% of fertilised eggs don't implant! It can be a waiting game. I'd recommend internet cheapies on Amazon to use for opks. You can get a pack of 30/50 for under £10. Then you can do a couple a day. Start dtd when a line begins to appear faintly and dtd every other day until it is blank again.

EvelineUK Fri 03-May-19 20:53:06

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »