Talk

Advanced search

How soon after Implantation bleeding did you get a BFP?

(25 Posts)
NikolaPiccola Wed 01-May-19 13:48:50

We're not trying, but yesterday at 7 DPO I had the tiniest drop of pinkish brownish blood followed by cramps and a headache. I'm 8DPO now and I tested negative, though I know it's too early. And if I'm being honest, I just have a feeling that I'm pregnant and the implantation confirmed it as I've not had any more bleeding and my period is due in 6 days!

I bought a bunch of those cheapie strip tests and I'll be using those daily in the morning until I either get cleared or a positive result.

I'm only 19 though I turn 20 soon and this is all because my copper coil fell out weeks ago and we didn't know until after we had unprotected sex around ovulation! I'm anxious to know now because if I am, it'd be a massive change. When did you fully know? I'm super impatient and I have an exam to study for but I just can't concentrate. Plus I'm so tired and my boobs feel like they weigh a ton!

Atleast my boyfriends ecstatic though lol

NikolaPiccola Wed 01-May-19 13:50:13

TMI (sorry) but this is what the spotting looked like. Thoughts?

Michellebops Wed 01-May-19 14:37:51

I think you'll need to wait 4/5 days before testing.

Looks promising for you ❤️

NikolaPiccola Wed 01-May-19 15:11:04

Yes, I was afraid of that haha. I have no patience and I would rather know just so I can prepare accordingly! Not to mention, I can't concentrate on my revision for college.

Thanks! <3

MissSophieB397 Wed 01-May-19 22:30:52

@NikolaPiccola FX for you! I'm 22 and TTC #1 so it's nice to see someone around my age group also on here... I've got a whole tone of cheapies to keep doing as I'm addicted to POAS 😂

NikolaPiccola Thu 02-May-19 20:15:56

@MissSophieB397 Honestly I've been testing multiple times a day because I just feel so terrible, and that spotting 2 days ago (now 9DPO) just makes me think that there's a 98% of pregnancy. We weren't even trying haha!

Do you go to college or uni? Or are you working full time? I'm in college so this will be nerve-wracking. Hope you get the baby you want!

MissSophieB397 Fri 03-May-19 06:27:10

@NikolaPiccola I'm not in college or uni I work full time! So I do have a regular income but it doesn't make things much easier as it's still scary but it's what I want!

I'm 8DPO today, I'm going to do a first response on Monday if I haven't had a faint BFP by then.

What symptoms do you have?

jcq17 Fri 03-May-19 06:28:10

I got mine 3 days later but my implantation was way more than that it was like a 3 day light period.

NikolaPiccola Fri 03-May-19 08:12:05

@MissSophieB397 i see nothing wrong with the age. Tbh, I don't think age matters at all!

My boobs are super sore, heavy and veiny. It looks like my nipples are getting darker but I'm not sure. I've also been super tired, I've been napping a few times a day😅 my back is killing me too, it's like a constant pain. I've had a weird craving for sweet and salted popcorn so I've just been eating bowls and bowls of them (I don't actually like sweet and salted.) And I've just been feeling a bit poo, if I'm honest. Under the weather really. What about you?

NikolaPiccola Fri 03-May-19 08:13:49

@jcq17 I don't actually get any bleeding in between my period so it's super unusual for me to get that 7 days before it's meant to start! Although, I did have an increase in discharge so there's that. And tbh I have been using the internet cheapies to satisfy my addiction lol

cakesandphotos Fri 03-May-19 08:44:21

I had a spot of blood then I think I tested about 3 days later and got bfp

NikolaPiccola Fri 03-May-19 08:53:04

@cakesandphotos what tests did you use?

cakesandphotos Fri 03-May-19 08:54:04

I think it was a Superdrug frer. But any frer would work. I think I was already late when I tested

MissSophieB397 Fri 03-May-19 10:13:21

@NikolaPiccola the only real symptoms I've had are appetite decrease, insomnia on a night but then being sooo tired in a morning. Usually I'm asleep straight away then up bright and early. I also keep getting back ache and cramps but I aren't due until the 10th! So super early to get AF symptoms.

But I'm trying to stay neutral so I'm not too disappointed if I'm not preg. But I hope I am!! So broody it's untrue.

Age is just a number! If you're ready and happy then that's all that matters. X

NikolaPiccola Fri 03-May-19 11:26:37

@MissSophieB397 I had cramps around the implantation time and a few days before. But they were barely noticeable. I've had a few twinges here and there but nothing severe. And I definitely don't get AF symptoms over a week early! I typically get them around 1-2 days before.

MissSophieB397 Fri 03-May-19 12:05:01

@NikolaPiccola hopefully, it's a sign! I've also had lots of CM which isn't a norm thing sorry for TMI hahaha and peeing constantly. But I do drink lots through the day and stuff so again it's one of them it could be something or nothing. I'm gonna test Monday though with a frer I think cause it'll be 6 days before my AF due and it should hopefully pick it up if I am!

NikolaPiccola Fri 03-May-19 16:25:47

@MissSophieB397 it should, although it depends on your hcg levels! I'm 10dpo and due in 4 days and I have a bunch of tests coming in the mail for my expected period day. I honestly hate the waiting game as I just want to know!

Fingers crossed for you and plenty of baby dust x

NikolaPiccola Sat 04-May-19 16:26:25

@MissSophieB397 I got the faintest BFP (big fat positive) today on a cheapie one step pee stick! But it's noticeable in person even from a distance and my sister saw it too! It's like a purpley colour. I'm 10DPO and I'll use a FRER tomorrow. Not sure if you can see it on the photo though x

NikolaPiccola Sat 04-May-19 16:26:59

It looks a bit grey in the photo but in person it has colour. I'm hoping that this isn't a false one!

MissSophieB397 Sun 05-May-19 07:01:34

@NikolaPiccola it's looking promising! Definitely use a frer with FMU , FX!! Xxx

NikolaPiccola Sun 05-May-19 09:26:49

@MissSophieB397 i think it was a false positive😞ive read that people had these and when i took a frer this morning it appears to be negative. I'm not sure what to trust as frer has given me a false positive as well in the past.

NikolaPiccola Sun 05-May-19 12:37:34

@MissSophieB397 Update: I looked again in brighter light and I realise that there may actually be a faint line after all, but super faint and one that you have to look from a distance (I wear glasses so if I put it too close to my face it blurs all the colours together.) I took a one step strip as well and there's also a faint line. I'm still doubtful though. I'm not waiting until Wednesday, the day after my expected period, to test with a clear blue!

MissSophieB397 Tue 07-May-19 15:06:28

@NikolaPiccola I'm going to test tomorrow and if it's neg il be waiting Til after my period, any updates?

NikolaPiccola Thu 09-May-19 11:41:46

@MissSophieB397 I had a fee positives on those strips and I started bleeding today. I think it was a chemical pregnancy. I can't help but feel a bit sad.

MissSophieB397 Thu 09-May-19 12:06:38

@NikolaPiccola aww I'm so sorry. I've still had no sign of AF but no positives either yet. Still holding out x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »