Talk

Advanced search

Paternal/conception issues

(3 Posts)
casper1992 Wed 01-May-19 13:09:07

I'm currently 35 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I have regular 30-32 day cycles and my last period was 14th August 2018. According to these calculations my most fertile days would be 23rd-3rd September providing I ovulated sometime between days 11 and 21. However according to my EDD (31st May) my date of conception would be 7th September.

My boyfriend and I have regular sex, occasionally using condoms and occasionally not, and although I can't remember exactly, I know we had sex in-between the times of day 11 and day 21.

The issue is I had sex with someone else on the 9th September, this was a completely drunken mistake and I'm not even sure the person ejaculated, I also took the morning after pill the following day (10th September).

I had an early scan at 6 weeks and the midwife at the time told me that the time of conception would have been around the 29th August, so I have thought for this entire time that my boyfriend is the babies father. However it has only recently become apparent that the day of conception may be later and therefore my boyfriend not the father.

To conceive from the 7th onwards would mean I was ovulating 1 week before my period, which I know is unlikely but also that late ovulation is possible. However how likely is it if my periods are regular and I am generally fit and well?

I have told my boyfriend about this, and we are going to get through it, however I was wondering if anyone could offer ANY advice, support or reassurance on the situation. I know that nothing in terms of estimating the due date/date of conception is certain, which makes things really difficult, and we will be doing a DNA test either way, but any advice would be useful as I'm finding it very hard to deal with at the moment.

justchecking1 Thu 02-May-19 15:15:42

No one can be 100% sure without a DNA test but you usually ovulate around 14 days before your period do around CD 17 for you. This would suggest 9th September would be way too late to have been responsible

casper1992 Thu 02-May-19 16:50:56

Thanks for replying 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »