Talk

Advanced search

What do we think? Evap/positive?

(12 Posts)
mads20 Tue 30-Apr-19 19:29:33

Hi guys, I took a £1 freedom test from Asda tonight (because I just couldn't wait) and at first glance i thought a clear negative but was in a dark bathroom so moved to my room and saw a faint second line.. this was within 2 minutes of taking the test.. it's clearer of course in person but what do you think? Evap or potential positive? I came off my mini pill on the 1st April and been ttc since so it was positive would be VERY early... thoughts? Xx

ChikiTIKI Tue 30-Apr-19 19:42:13

hmm yeah i can kind of see something but i dont know if it looks grey though? it should be a pink line really if not evap.

those asda tests are well known for showing false positives. i think you should wait a few days and then test again (easier said than done, i know!)

hope it turns out to be positive for you smile

mummyjojo19 Tue 30-Apr-19 19:43:09

I don't rate these tests I have had a lot of evaps on them get a frer and test tomorrow if you can fingers crossed for u xx

Mumma3boyz89 Tue 30-Apr-19 19:44:46

Take another tomorrow morning I see something but I’ve had this before and not been pregnant. But also had this and had been pregnant. Hope you get the result you want 🙂

AllTheGlitter Tue 30-Apr-19 19:52:47

Test with a different brand but I had a fake positive with this brand months back

mads20 Tue 30-Apr-19 19:53:13

Thanks everyone, they are so frustrating!! I stood in the shop thinking £8 for 2 frer or £3 for 3 freedoms and now wish I'd of just bought the frer!😡 as I bought 3 I was thinking of testing again in a the morning and if negative leaving it, if I get the same maybe going to get the other tests! I wish they did offers on tests as they really expensive when you want w clear answer!

mads20 Tue 30-Apr-19 20:00:20

I just did another and had the same so caving and going to Tesco to get something a bit more genuine that I can do first thing! This is such an awful game to be playing.. argh

ohdearymemumof3 Tue 30-Apr-19 20:09:18

I hope you get a clear answer in the morning 🤞🏻 good luck xx

tisonlymeagain Tue 30-Apr-19 20:10:46

I just did one of these tonight and had a similar grey line. Did a FRER as well and it was negative.

ChikiTIKI Thu 02-May-19 13:53:08

Have you done another test? Hope you're alright

Ttc1995 Sun 05-May-19 08:10:24

I literally just had the same thing happen to me with this test. I took one yesterday and straight away a clear pink positive came up. I’ve taken a first response rapid results this morning and negative. It’s so frustrating

charliiiii Sun 05-May-19 21:18:20

This is the third article this week for false positives! Get some amazon cheapies or a FRER if you want an accurate positive ! thankssending lots of baby dust x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »