Talk

Advanced search

Evap line or positive test ??? Please help

(10 Posts)
Mummyneedinganswers Tue 30-Apr-19 18:00:47

So last night I took a hpt and waited a few minutes thought it was negative and sat it down and went and sorted my daughter for bed. This morning my partner came running in saying the pregnancy test was positive. Im not so sure because it appeared negative last night. Does this look like an evap or a positive? I'm going to retest on Friday
Thanks

RLOU30 Tue 30-Apr-19 18:02:37

Can’t see any picture

RLOU30 Tue 30-Apr-19 18:03:27

Sorry now I can. It’s a hard one it looks a little thick perhaps flooded ? I’m not sure sorry x

Waiting1987 Tue 30-Apr-19 18:05:39

You can't trust tests left that long. I've had one left for a few hours show what looks like a strong positive.

Test again to get an answer. Good luck

Michellebops Tue 30-Apr-19 19:22:55

I've had flooding/evap on these but the line was super thin.

Fingers crossed for your next test ❤️

ohdearymemumof3 Tue 30-Apr-19 20:11:01

Thats what my positive clear blue looked like the next day.. do another one x

GookledyGobb Tue 30-Apr-19 20:14:51

I’m always blown away by the don’t trust a test after the time comments as it can’t simply turn positive without the presence of the hormone.

It does look a bit flooded but I’d guess positive

RLOU30 Tue 30-Apr-19 21:26:29

@GookledyGobb

Because tests are typically meant to be read three to five minutes after they are taken, the tests are still damp at the time they are read. After this time frame passes, the urine in the test dries. As the ink makes its way across the screen, the result is displayed. Sometimes, as the ink moves across the screen, a little bit of ink will accidentally get caught in the indent line. As the test dries and the urine evaporates, this caught ink is pulled to the surface and becomes darker.

This is why the most important rule for getting a true positive pregnancy test is: do not read them after the allotted time! The results are only accurate in the time frame specified in the instructions.

Waiting1987 Tue 30-Apr-19 22:26:26

@GookledyGobb That's not true! This line appeared after a few hours. Every single other test was negative. Tests can indeed show lines after the timeframe even when it's negative. It also couldn't be a chemical pregnancy because I never had a bleed-breastfeeding and periods haven't returned.

There's a reason they tell you not to look at them after timeframe!

Fingers crossed for you OP.

ChrisPrattAteMyHomework Tue 30-Apr-19 23:42:49

Hard to know.

I did a blue dye test like that and read it at 5 to 10 mins. Negative.

Threw it in bin and looked the next day to see a line. That line is 15 and snoring in the room next to me now so I can happen :/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »