Talk

Advanced search

removing coil prior to TTC? Decisions...

(3 Posts)
Blueskiespls Tue 30-Apr-19 12:46:34

Hi,
We are planning on starting TTC after our wedding in the summer (DC3 for me and DC1 for DH).

I have had a coil for 5 years, then changed and had this one in for around 2 years. I feel a bit like my body could do with settling down/getting into its own cycle before we TTC? But i suppose slightly worried about side effects of removal etc.. Also we really want to start right away after the wedding ( I am 36 so want to be cracking on with it really!) So this would also make sense! we could then actually start trying on our honeymoon which would be quite exciting.

Did anyone have a horrendous first month or anything after Mirena removal? I don't want anything to get in the way of the wedding day? I am currently blessed with no periods really!

aaghhhh decisions!

NikolaPiccola Tue 30-Apr-19 13:00:12

Your bodies does need time to adjust before your fertility kicks back in. I'd remove it now and figure out your cycles!

Blueskiespls Tue 30-Apr-19 13:47:38

Thanks Nikola - this is exactly my thinking. We def wouldn't be actively trying - purely for the selfish reason that i want to enjoy my wedding day, not have any sort of morning sickness and have a fun honeymoon! BUT If we accidentally got pregnant we wold be over the moon, and it would be some sort of relief. Have read so many stories of it taking years etc. My first 2 only took 1 or 2 months but I was younger then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »