Talk

Advanced search

Anybody in their 2WW?

(542 Posts)
MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:26:15

Pretty sure I ovulated yesterday (hopefully!), due AF on 13th May, anybody else starting their 2WW?

(Warning: I am a serial symptom spotter and POAS addict, I have zero willpower 😂)

MrsEG Tue 30-Apr-19 11:39:32

Exact same! Ovulated yesterday, AF or BFP due Monday 13th. I’m the exact opposite though, won’t go near a FRER til I’m late! I’d go completely insane otherwise!! Good luck smile

fluffybunny86 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:44:48

Me three, OV yesterday and AF due Monday 13th. Was thinking of using FRER the Saturday before as the TWW just feels such a long time.
Will this be both your firsts?

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 11:45:28

Hi ladies 👋🏼 I am 12dpp. Going slightly mad 😬 not really any symptoms apart from bit of cramping. Got appt at my gp tomorrow to get results back from CD21 test. Feeling on edge, don't know if I should test soon or wait and see if AF turns up (although she's a bit erratic so not the most reliable!)

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:46:04

How do you do it! 😫 I’m only 1DPO already itching to buy tests, ridiculous I know! DH calls it my ‘TTC crazy’ and won’t talk to me about any symptoms I think I may have 😂

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:49:14

Cross posts!

We’re TTC #2, I already have a DD (15 months)

Hi @Rudy! I remember you from my ‘siblings with close birthdays’ post. We decided to TTC this month despite my anxieties about close birthdays 🙈

Are you waiting on a pregnancy test from the doctor?! Good luck! 🤞

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 11:55:40

Hi @MMama18 oh yeah that was the day I was a right cranky bitch! That's great you decided to go ahead, no point in putting it off really! Fingers crossed for you! 🤞🏼
No it's the CD21 test they check for progesterone levels to make sure you are ovulating. Sure it will be fine but I'm always a bit anxious when getting any sort of results!

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 12:01:00

@Rudy we all have bitchy days don’t worry, MN definitely brings out the worst in me to add to it!
I figured I was being a little silly, as you really can’t plan these things can you! (As much as my brain wants to try to!)

When is your nuisance AF flow due? I got my BFP with DD at 12DPO (I’d been testing since about 10dpo 🙈), it wasn’t quite a squinter but still pretty faint, at 13DPO it was quite a bit darker

MrsEG Tue 30-Apr-19 12:20:24

@fluffybunny86 Yep it will be my first smile

@MMama18 Ha I used to be a real POAS addict but have had two MCs so I can’t bear the heartbreak of a BFN anymore, so wait til I am late - I honestly rather AF show than see a BFN these days!

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 12:28:09

@MrsEG I had 2 MCs before DD (you’d think I’d know better!) so there is light at the end of the tunnel! 🤞3rd time lucky for you too!

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 12:30:15

@MMama18 not really sure when AF is die, as can sometimes be a week or so out. But maybe around 32-34 days average. I'm now on CD29 and 11dpo so I might do a text in a few days if I feel brave enough. Can't stand seeing a bit white test glaring back at me though 😫

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 12:36:08

@Rudy what a pain! I think it’s brave holding out like you are! 💪 I think I’m going to have to try and be better this time around, my DH (the sarky git!) has already joked about taking out a loan to fund my HPT buying! With DD I kept buying and taking them to make sure the line was getting darker, after two MCs I think I was just paranoid.

MrsEG Tue 30-Apr-19 12:46:43

@MMama18 Ah Thank you lovely, I really hope so! 🤞🏻

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 12:49:55

@MMama18 I know it's so bad isn't it 🙈 I now hide mine from DH as he thinks I'm a mad woman...which I am 😬 yeah your paranoia is understandable after going through that, but sometimes think we are just making ourselves more anxious with constant tests and analysing! Wish I could be more chilled out but it's just so hard.

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 13:08:13

@MrsEG post back if you get any symptoms/POAS results!

@Rudy that’s very true, but in my attempt to be more chilled out this time I’ve made myself worse! We decided to BD every other day for my whole cycle (except period days, yuck!) and not rely on OPKs and then I wouldn’t know what DPO I was so couldn’t develop ‘the crazy’ 😜 BUT I am convinced I had ov pain on my right side (which I could have had before but never really put it down to ov!) so now I’m kicking myself wishing I’d be using OPKs and ‘the crazy’ is starting to creep out 😂

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 16:31:04

@MMama18 haha you sound as crazy as me 😂 well the thing is if you've been DTD every second day, then it shouldn't really matter, is it more that you want to know for definite ovulation day so you know how many DPO you are?

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 16:34:04

Me and DH are going to Italy for 2 weeks in mid May and I'm trying to figure out if I should just try and be cool, calm collected and just acccept that I might not know ovulation day (shouldn't really matter when we are on holiday DTD lots anyway!) or if I should be slightly crazy lady and take some OPK's on holiday with me! That's if nothing happens this time anyway 🤞🏼

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 17:29:27

That’s what I’m thinking (the calm half of me anyway!), every other day should do the magic! And I wasn’t tracking CM either but had heaps of EWCM for about 2 days so I couldn’t really miss it! It turned slightly watery yesterday and then there’s a lack of it today, plus the pain yesterday, so now the crazy half of me is now trying to work out DPO and it’s winning 😂 which was the whole reason I was not using OPKs!

I think this has all caused me more ‘what ifs’ than if I’d used the damn OPK, and I’m barely in the 2WW which I’ll spend thinking every niggle is implantation 😫 so next month I will be using OPKs (and as much as I’d like to say I wouldn’t, I probably would be smuggling them in my suitcase if I were going away!)

I know it sounds SO cliche but I have heard of so many couples getting pregnant on holidays because they just stop tracking/caring/worrying and just had a nice time and relaxed! So sensible me 😇 says ditch the OPKs... (...😈 take the OPKs....)

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 17:33:17

Sorry, I rambled and never answered your question 😂
Yes I want to know for definite my ov day so I can work out when I can realistically start POAS (when I say realistically I mean ridiculously early at like 9dpo 😂)

Abi58 Tue 30-Apr-19 17:51:38

Me (I think!)
Stopped the pill near the end of March and not had a withdrawal bleed or period but had some discharge (sorry tmi) 1 and a half weeks ago that could have been ewcm. If it was and I ovulated I'm about 11/12 dpo - but as I have no idea what my cycle or body is doing I might not even be in any sort of cycle yet which is diving me a bit mad grin

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 17:56:51

Hi @Abi is this your first cycle TTC first baby?
When is your AF due?
I’m already so bored of 2WW and I’m only on my first day 😫 so I’ll be excited for you instead!

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 18:53:49

@MMama18 sounds to me like you've got your ovulation is bang on. People do say ewcm is the best indicator so I'm sure you've nailed it (literally 😂) I think if not using OPK's is stressing you out then using them next month sounds like a good plan. I guess it makes you feel slightly more in control. But you never know, you may not need them if you get lucky! I would use when you think you ovulated as a guide for the POAS to commence!
I know, that's what I'm thinking too. It will be a lovely distraction to be away and not be so focused on this TTC busniness. It's doing my head in to be honest and feel like it's consuming all my thoughts!
Just a little bit more of my back story since I'm already rambling on also I may as well continue: I have had very, very light periods for a while not and I think this may be (no expert obvs) affecting my fertility. I have docs appt at 9am to get results back from CD21 tests (to make sure I am ovulating okay) and I feel so nervous about it. Argh! confused

RudyRoo Tue 30-Apr-19 18:56:56

@Abi58 I totally have sympathy for you in the coming off and not having a clue what your body is doing. I had that for a couple of months after coming off...and tbh still not totally sure wtf is going on 😂 you should take a test just to be sure and I hope you get your cycles get back to normal soon. It's torture isn't it!

MMama18 Tue 30-Apr-19 20:11:45

@Rudy that sounds really sucky ☹️ I wonder though if it is that you’re ovulating okay 🤞 maybe your lining isn’t thick enough for implanting? Again no expert but I know when I had my two MCs back to back they suggested it could be a uterine lining issue, apparently there’s a minimum little eggs like it to be (I can’t for the life of me remember but I’m sure Dr Google can tell us!) and if it’s too thin they don’t implant properly hence the MCs (mine were very early 5/6 weeks at most). I’m sure there’s things they can do to help with ovulation and uterine lining though 🤞 how long have you been TTC if you don’t mind me asking?

Abi58 Tue 30-Apr-19 20:25:48

@MMama18
This will be our first and because of coming off the pill I have no idea when af is die. If I pretend my last period was when I stopped the pill and should have had my withdrawal bleed (that never came) I'm due on this weekend.

Hoping my cycle returns pretty quickly s I can know when to try and when to test etc atm I'm testing so much trying to catch anything haha!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »