Talk

Advanced search

Long wait for bad news?

(6 Posts)
ikphillips Mon 29-Apr-19 20:53:13

Had a missed miscarriage
& ERPC nearly 6 weeks ago at 10+5. They took some tissue during the procedure for testing. I've just had a letter from the gynae unit to say come in mid-July for the results! Is there any chance they would leave it this long for bad news?! Are they that busy?! We are TTC now and worried if there may be an issue.... thanks x

LifeOfRiley63 Mon 29-Apr-19 21:27:50

I think if it was anything majorly wrong they would have invited you in a lot sooner or organised a Doctor phone appointment.
Keep positive x flowers

ikphillips Mon 29-Apr-19 21:34:51

Thanks so much for replying @LifeOfRiley63 - you're probably right. If only I could stop stressing! X

LifeOfRiley63 Mon 29-Apr-19 21:40:48

Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone else, even though you keep telling yourself. X

Thumbellini Mon 29-Apr-19 21:45:55

I just had an ERPC and was advised it can take up to 4 months for the test results to come back. So I would think that's quite normal.

ikphillips Mon 29-Apr-19 22:26:00

You're right @LifeOfRiley63c thank you I feel so much better now!

@Thumbellini sorry to hear that... it's more that they have the results and aren't telling me whether it's bad news or not! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »