Talk

Advanced search

Rainbow baby here I come!

(26 Posts)
Dollydoo22 Mon 29-Apr-19 19:39:47

So... it’s 19:36 I’m 11dpo and I promised myself I wouldn’t test!! Guess what I tested!!

I miscarried in December at 8weeks, twins! Had my first cycle in feb and feel like I’ve been peeing on sticks for the last 5 months!!!

So ... what’s your thoughts on these, am I out or is it looking interesting.... no edits or filters all within 5 mins!

First response rapid results, FRER and a Superdrug cheapie!

Let me know your thoughts ladies

Xxx

QOD Mon 29-Apr-19 19:47:42

Can’t see what the pregnant symbol actually is on any of them

VenusStarr Mon 29-Apr-19 20:25:48

I can see something on the cheapie and the middle test (1st picture)

Got my fingers crossed for you @Dollydoo22, I miscarried just under a month ago and waiting for af (but hoping for a bfp!)

Are you testing again tomorrow? Fingers crossed 🤞

Countryslices Mon 29-Apr-19 20:27:06

I think I see a vague mark on the cheapie too... good luck!

LostInAction Mon 29-Apr-19 20:29:06

Disregard the Superdrug one they are horrendous
I can see w v faint line on frer

Dollydoo22 Mon 29-Apr-19 20:36:01

Hi ladies!

I’ve heard so many things about Superdrug I’ve never used one before but I don’t think I will again!

Sorry to hear about your MC @Venusstarr how have you been coping??

Here is a better look at the FRER in better light! Can you see colour or you thinking evap!?

Countryslices Mon 29-Apr-19 20:45:21

Ah I can definitely see something!

cindersrella Mon 29-Apr-19 20:46:02

There's a line On That last one! I have fingers and toes crossed for you x

Sorry to hear about you loosing your twins xx

Dollydoo22 Mon 29-Apr-19 20:48:40

Thanks ladies! I’ll give it a go again tomorrow I feel like it’s too good to be true. Thank you all for your replies and kind messages xxxx

VenusStarr Mon 29-Apr-19 21:34:48

I'm OK @Dollydoo22, thanks for asking. Just feel on limbo, unsure when / if I've ovulated. I'd be due on today going by my normal cycle and counting the miscarriage as day 1. Have had some ewcm twice but who knows. It took us over a year to get our bfp so to catch straight away would be a miracle, but am hoping!

Really hope your tests get stronger. Let us know smile xx

Beanchopper Mon 29-Apr-19 21:42:03

I hope tomorrow shows your bfp.

Please be wary of the cheapie you have used, I got 17 false positives last cycle, I did an experiment after my period finished, no baby dance so 0% chance of being pregnant and another faint line! They are a mind f@*@k*.

Dollydoo22 Mon 29-Apr-19 21:45:08

The only advise I can give you is take your time. I honestly went in full steam hoping to get my next BFP 2 weeks later and didn’t realise the emotional impact a miscarriage would have, nor did I realise how much a negative test after my MC would shatter me all over again. So many people told me to try and relax a little with it and emotional heal first and I wanted to tell them all to F off 😂😂 but the first couple of periods I got I found extremely difficult! However, that’s just my experience and I truly wish you the best of luck getting your BFP I hope your one of those lucky ones who are super fertile after! I got my period back 6 weeks after. If you ever need a chat feel free to message xxxxx

Dollydoo22 Mon 29-Apr-19 21:46:36

Thanks Beanchopper, that’s the first cheapie I’ve ever tried and thought I’d give it a whirl I’m not impressed though hard to read too! xx

Beanchopper Mon 29-Apr-19 21:55:20

Yeah the flimsy plastic flap is always scratched up when I had them. Boots are pretty good or internet strips

Good luck i have my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻

Dollydoo22 Mon 29-Apr-19 22:08:10

Omg yes it was!!

Thanks hun I’ll keep you all posted xxx

VenusStarr Tue 30-Apr-19 10:01:07

How you doing today @Dollydoo22?

Thabks for the advice, feeling like I've become obsessed with trying again. Feeling like af is on her way, so my cycles hopefully won't be too out from usual. Was hoping to be one of the fertile ones but don't think it'll happen.

Still got my fingers crossed for you smile xx

Dollydoo22 Tue 30-Apr-19 10:19:29

Hey hun.

I was exactly the same and it really affected my relationship too me and my partner argued so much as he wanted me to relax more and I felt like he wasn’t as desperate as me and it just really hurt I was just desperate to be pregnant. I still am but this month I’m strangely so so much calmer I still tested earlier than I should but managed to wait until 11dpo and haven’t been an erratic crazy woman. Don’t get me wrong I’ll be gutted if I come on again this month but I know it’s going to happen it’s also hard not to compare yourself with others or to feel like everyone around you is pregnant apart from you!

Took another FRER this morning second FMU of the day - If that makes sense lol but a very feint line so feint I’m thinking it’s more evap ... I can’t help comparing to last time, 12dpo it was feint but clear as day ....

I still don’t have any AF symptoms although I am getting some lower back pain today!

What day are you due on?? Fingers crossed for us - and toes!!

I’ll post a pic of the test in a bit when my colleague goes to lynch xxxx

Dollydoo22 Tue 30-Apr-19 10:19:39

Lunch *

VenusStarr Tue 30-Apr-19 10:30:03

Yes post your test later @Dollydoo22 maybe because you used your second urine it isn't as strong, especially if you're not late yet.

Normal period would've been yesterday dating from mc. My cycles are 25 days and it's day 27 today. I've woken up feeling really dizzy (while lying down!) convinced myself it's something sinister so am at the GP. But it's probably a virus or related to my period may be starting.

I've not let on to dh how obsessed I am. I really want to believe it will happen for us. It took 16 cycles for the first one and we've got a fertility clinic appointment next week. Don't think I can face ttc for another 16 months. I just wish someone would say it'll definitely happen by X date.

I'll take some of your optimism though smile xx

Dollydoo22 Tue 30-Apr-19 11:52:02

Oh Venus, I can’t imagine how you are feeling 16 months is such a long time, but on a brighter note at least you know you can fall pregnant! That’s something I keep holding on to. The trying for me I’m finding so confusing as I fell on my first attempt last time and now I’m 3 cycles (well hopefully only 2 if this ones lucky!) and I know it hasn’t been long in comparison but it’s been the most painful few months ever just simply because I think I was expecting another first time try!?

Let me know how you get on at the doctors?? Omg I hope it’s good news !!!! Keeping all crossed for you xxx

I had my first cycle 6 weeks to the day so you never know you could be well in your fertile window if not even preg!! xx

VenusStarr Tue 30-Apr-19 12:06:23

Yes, we never thought it would happen so the fact it did is positive @Dollydoo22

My BP is high and he thinks I'm coming on as there was blood in my urine. Kind of what I thought - the high BP might explain why I'm feeling a bit crap. He said after miscarriage you can get dizziness and sickness when you come on, so got a prescription too. Said just to rest at home. You don't realise how much a miscarriage can affect you sad hope it is just my period coming back so things will regulate again quickly.

Ttc and miscarriage is so hard. Hope your colleagues go on their lunch soon! Xx

Dollydoo22 Tue 30-Apr-19 21:01:56

Hey Venus sorry it’s been a manic day! Here are 2 FRER tests from today if anything the line seems lighter even with filter I can’t see anything looks like I’m out this month again!!!! 😢😢 I hope you are feeling better and have rested today xxxx

VenusStarr Tue 30-Apr-19 21:26:46

Hmm @Dollydoo22 I can't really see anything. What a shame. When are you due?

I'm feeling OK, thanks for asking. Period still hasn't started yet though. Had a big of a cry earlier, think it hit me again. Just want my next cycle to start so we're in with a chance again.

Hope you're feeling OK xxx

Dollydoo22 Tue 30-Apr-19 21:54:08

Hey hun due on Thursday I know! It must have been an evap line I’m so bloody over it now no more tests I’ll just await the witch AF!!

Hopefully tears is a good sign as could be AF hormones! Fingers crossed for you. It’s also good to just let those emotions out!

Have you tested to see your tests are all clear!? I made the mistake of not doing this and got a false positive just before my first cycle but I hadn’t leftover hcg nearly 5 weeks later absolutely heartbreaking!

Starting to think maybe a couple of months off might even help

Sending you a big hug!! xxxxx

VenusStarr Wed 01-May-19 06:23:41

Thanks @Dollydoo22. Getting af (well just intense cramps at the moment) is like a kick on the stomach reminding me I'm not pregnant anymore 😥 ugh.

I did get a negative test about 2 weeks after my miscarriage (inciddntly it appears I ovulated with hcg in my system, unless my luteal phase is out now). I did have a faint line over the weekend but like you, not sure if it was a convincing evap as it wasn't there the next day.

I'm definitely not testing early now. My dh said I needed to give myself time to heal, which I know is sensible but I don't want to.

Sending you a hug back xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »