Talk

Advanced search

Started you AF this month? comisserate and chat here...could use company :-(

(24 Posts)
TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 19:46:20

i started today so another month of trying! would love some ttc buddies in this thread we can all moan together? lol

LoveAngel Mon 16-Jul-07 19:50:45

Hi WiltedRose. I got mine on Saturday and feeling like a bag of crap. Only first month of trying (ttc no2) but still feel pissed off and disheartened. I got pregnant straight away last time, so I'm spoilt I guess ;-)

TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 19:56:36

lol its my 1st month too love and im ttc no3. i had my two without even trying o i no what u mean...

aquababe Mon 16-Jul-07 20:08:43

I'm so miffed too. I'm ttc no2 after surprise no1. Thought it would just happen by magic after behaving like a bunny last month. I didn't realise how disappointing it can be. Worse than failing a test.

mslucy Mon 16-Jul-07 20:44:05

Am ttc no 2 - taking me god knows how long.

Yes you are spoilt!!!!!

TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 21:17:06

lmao at aqua behaving like a bunny! me 2 i think my bf is glad of the rest lol and yeah it is even more misrible than failing a test which btw im miffed about coz i went out and brought a test worth a tenner today being SURE i was pregnant!

tribpot Mon 16-Jul-07 21:22:19

Another one struggling to conceive number 2, after conceiving number 1 very easily. Yes, I do realise that makes us lucky but it's still a body blow when it happens. AF started yesterday.

I'm looking at a potential luteal phase defect (phrase I learnt from MN - time between ovulation and period too short, pretty sure I conceived last month but it wouldn't hold ) and a chronically ill dh who is on medication that makes 'matters' tricky to arrange, shall we say.

Bugger.

TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 21:25:48

bless ya tri seems like uve got it harder than most...
i often got swore at when i revealed i had my ds2 whilst ON the pill lol i also had my 1st by accident when i was 16 so ive never tried for any of mine.
being a naturally impation person its all just driving me mad!
the past month ive had to stop myself doing a test every bloody day!

tribpot Mon 16-Jul-07 21:29:17

Well, I've got a friend who's just had her second in less than a year! In both cases she took the morning after pill! Hey ho. In the first one she was using some other form of contraception too (condoms at a guess), second time she was exclusively bf and her midwife told her she couldn't get pregnant - ha ha, she should have sued I reckon.

Anyway, there you go. We'll get there in the end!

bramblina Mon 16-Jul-07 21:33:55

Hello all. Tried to resist joining a ttc thread but just had 1st AF (last weekend) since trying so couldn't help myself!
Ds is nearly 2, he was concieved after 4 mcs, (in 3 yr span) I actually fell pg with him the very month after last mc so thought I was quite fertile....we'll see.
This month I was a good 28 days but previous only 21 hope it's just a settling in period!

TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 21:42:08

hi bram well done 4 resisting so long lol and just in case u wanted to no your fertility actually goes up for a short time after a mcg so thats y some women find it easier to fall pregnant afterwards as i did with ds1.. neway this isnt ur usual ttc thread its more of a moaning thread lol

Monkeybar Mon 16-Jul-07 21:43:31

Can I join you? Ttc number 2 and it just isn;t happening for me this time around. I was sure that we'd done everything right this month - bd every other day for th emiddle 10 days of my cycle. AF not quite here, but all the pre signs are there iykwim. Expect to come on properly tomorrow. Really getting worried that ds will be our only child
Bought a Fertell test today which is supposed to tell you what the quality of your remaining eggs is like - not sure finding out is a good thing, though!

TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 22:03:51

welcome monkey join us! lol and im sure it will happen 4 u! i didnt no fertility test could do that!!?

Monkeybar Mon 16-Jul-07 22:44:24

Hi Wilted rose. Apparently it can (unless I got completely the wrong end of the stick when I looked in Boots today!) It's called Fertell and says on the outside of the box that it measures ovarian reserve (eggs that can be fertilised). I think I just want to know if I've left it too late. I bought the woman only pack, but you can get a bigger pack which has something to check sperm quality in it too!

I have to test on cd3, will let you ladies know how it goes (AF not properly here, so I won;t test before Thursday at the earliest)

mslucy Mon 16-Jul-07 23:12:00

Hiya Monkeybar - that sounds scary - not sure I want to know.

Went to hosp today, which was a bit grim, to start off tests.

I am being investigated for "secondary infertility" - ie have one ds but no luck after over a year.

Have lots of tests to look forward to and poor ds has to wank into a cup - or should that be "tosspot" on thurs?

TheWiltedRose Mon 16-Jul-07 23:43:35

well good luck to u monkey definately let us no! and mslucy hi and hope al ur tests go well!

tribpot Tue 17-Jul-07 21:24:18

Could I just add it should be against the law for a period to be goddamn painful when you are ttc? This whole system needs to be reformed!

TheWiltedRose Wed 18-Jul-07 12:14:59

lmao!

Monkeybar Wed 18-Jul-07 13:34:29

Well, I rang the Fertell help line and a recorded message said that any spotting, even if your period doesn;t start properly for 2 or 3 days, counts as cd1 where this ovarian reserve test is concerned. SO I did it today (proper cd2) and it says my FSH levels are normal, indicating that my eggs haven;t gone bad......yet! (apparently if the quality of the eggs is poor, more FSH is needed to get them to develop and ovulate, and this test measures whether your FSH levels are higher than normal, and apparently mine aren't) I think this is good news, but then why the blooming heck aren't I pregnant?!!!

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 18-Jul-07 16:31:46

Monkeybar,

With regards to fertell FSH is only a part of it; your LH level needs to be tested as well.

In this regard a day 3 blood test can be done to measure and compare your LH and FSH levels. LH and FSH are important hormones, they kickstart the ovulation process. If your LH and FSH levels are awry then ovulation can be affected.

General consensus seems to be that if you're over 35 and have been ttc for six months plus without luck then a visit to the GP is in order.

I would look into having blood tests done.

TheWiltedRose Thu 19-Jul-07 04:43:55

monkey it all sounds complicated to me! lol how long have u been trying and how old afe you? (if u dont mind me asking) :-)

Monkeybar Thu 19-Jul-07 17:02:53

I don;t mind you asking at all! I'm, 37, turning 38 in the autumn. We conceived ds at 3 rd go, using a calista saliva test, which I have since found out is unreliable, btu worked for us. This time - we haven't been using contraception since the start of the year, btu have only been really trying since March (frequent bd'ing at the right time, opk's etc) so I'm a bit that I'm not preg yet, as i expected it to happen as quickly as last time....but then ds is very nearly 2, so it's a long time ago in terms of my diminishing fertilily.

Monkeybar Thu 19-Jul-07 17:16:12

Hi Attilathemeercat. Am I safe in thinking that as I ahve been prone to mittelschmirz (sp) on occasion and almost always get a one or other sided cramp mid cycle, I can be pretty sure that I actually AM ovulating? Or should I go and get checked anyway?

TheWiltedRose Thu 19-Jul-07 21:48:22

monkey hun dont give up hope im sure ur just as fertile as you was! it just might take a little lomger! best of luck to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now