Talk

Advanced search

BFN 13dpo

(17 Posts)
Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 14:58:19

Not sure if this is the right place to post.
I know it's possible to have a negative then positive a few days later, but how common/uncommon is this? Is it really unlikely I'm going to get a bfp after having a bfn 13dpo?
I know I should stay positive until af arrives, but it's hard to shift the feeling of it not happening this month when I'm seeing bfn at a time where I assumed most have their bfps by?

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 15:00:23

Just to add...I had used frer on 12&13dpo both bfn

Michellebops Thu 25-Apr-19 15:04:53

At 13 dpo I think if it was going to be positive it would have shown on a frer by now, but then again you're not out until af appears.

Try hold off testing until day after af is due.

❤️

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 15:11:43

@Michellebops thank you for the reply and advice ❤️ I'm trying to remain positive, but also don't want to give myself false hope when it isn't looking likely! I do know of people who show up late with tests, there's a lady on another thread I'm on, but I just think it's probably so few people it happens to!
Thank you xx

Michellebops Thu 25-Apr-19 15:19:21

I totally understand how you feel but I'm also skeptical of everything I read on here.

Some people get positives at 8/9 dpo and then tell others to do expensive tests every day as they "think" they can see something.

I think it's so difficult hoping and waiting each month without spending a fortune on tests and bring disappointed.

I really hope you get your positive ❤️

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 15:43:21

@Michellebops such a kind message, thank you. I totally agree with you though! Fingers crossed, but on to the next if not! ❤️

Michellebops Thu 25-Apr-19 15:48:11

@Kelly199 you're welcome.

I'm due af next Friday so will be giving myself the same advice 🙈

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 15:59:31

@Michellebops it's so difficult!! Fingers crossed for you. Hope you will have your bfp!
I'm on clomid, was my first cycle this month.
I have 5 more cycles before ivf, so I'm hoping we'll be lucky with the clomid cycles!
I've had weird cramps, but don't know if that's because of medication.
So annoying waiting!
Genuinely wish you the best of luck. Let me know! When are you going to test? Because I have polycystic ovaries, my cycles can be anywhere from 29-36 days, but Flo and FF has predicted it'll be Monday, so we'll see! Xx

LJss Thu 25-Apr-19 16:07:05

Hello ladies i have the same problem I'm not sure if im pregnant i took a cheap pregnancy test in the morning it showed negative but maybe an hour later it was faint positive so i went and got a clear blue test it showed negative im confused did this happen to any of you ladies?just to add im late for my periods for 4 days.

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 16:13:05

@LJss sounds promising if you're 4 days late, but don't want to get your hopes up as could be related to something else? Do you have anything that can make your cycles irregular?
Have you tried using a frer (first response)? They're usually the best to detect at early stages. A digital may take a little longer to show.
Good luck xx

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 16:14:13

Also, sorry just noticed, but they say not to read tests after the 3 minutes as it may be an evap. I would text again using a first response to see xx

snowflakeeel Thu 25-Apr-19 16:19:54

It's disheartening, I know. I tested 12 and 13dpo, FMU, and the result was negative. I was very disappointed. AF was due next day and I just felt it wasn't meant to be. 4 days later AF still hadn't arrived and I was getting quite grumpy as I really needed it to start already so I could just forget about this cycle and start again. I tested at 17dpo with a heavy heart and received a very welcome shock. An instant and dark BFP. That was last week. Really hoping this one is for you. X

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 16:22:22

@snowflakeeel thank you so much for sharing! Nice to know that it does happen!
I think I may test Saturday if af doesn't show, and just wait until after Monday then if still hadn't arrived!
Did you have any symptoms at all? Only thing I've had is the odd cramps here and there? Xx

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 16:22:43

@snowflakeeel congratulations by the way and happy and healthy 9 months to you! Xx

snowflakeeel Thu 25-Apr-19 16:31:19

I felt pinching a few times during the 2ww on both sides, however I have PCOS and I frequently experience cyst pain so after the 13dpo test I ruled out implantation and believed that my cysts were playing up again. Honestly, felt like AF was on its way. Each of my pregnancies have felt different. With my DD I just knew before testing, DS found out at 6 weeks I was pregnant, 3rd was a MMC and I knew I was pregnant before testing. And now this one. I've always tested earlier on all my other pregnancies and got a BFP by 13dpo. After I got my BFP thats when the symptoms began to kick in. some lightheadedness, extreme thirst, insomnia got worse (always get insomnia when AF is due) and visiting the little girls room around a hundred times an hour. I do hope your wait isn't for much longer. Do keep us updated. X

Beanchopper Thu 25-Apr-19 16:46:42

I am currently on 13dpo cycle day 36, had light brown spotting (only when I wiped) fri-sun just gone and dull pains in my lower left abdomen. When the spotting started I thought af was showing up early but nothing more came. Tested Tuesday, for what I thought was a faint line but been testing negative since.

It's all so confusing/frustrating. I am trying not to symptom spot as I drove myself mad last month with thinking everything could be a possible symptom 🤦🏼‍♀️

I hope everyone gets their BFP soon 🤞🏻

Kelly199 Thu 25-Apr-19 18:56:54

@snowflakeeel similar to what I was having, but on the right side and my scan showed that's the side I ovulated from.
I've been diagnosed with pcos too, although I'm more convinced I just have pco as I don't have the hair or some of the other things.
I too felt like af was arriving this am!! Then the cramps just disappeared, so weird!!
Sorry to read of your mmc. Sending hugs.
Thank you, hope you will have some good news too! Keep us updated xx
@Beanchopper it's hard isn't it? We don't want af to arrive in the hope for a positive test, but I just think if it's negative, hurry up af so I can get onto the next month!!
Hard pill to swallow seeing a negative so I'm trying not to test until hopefully a missed period.
I know, I agree. It's easier said than done though! We're so focused on it and just notice every little thing! Hope you will have your bfp soon. Good luck! Xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »