Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding for 9 days

(2 Posts)
Usedusername Thu 25-Apr-19 12:45:18

Hi there...I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this.

I came off the pill a few years ago and my periods bounced back to regular, heavy, painful periods.

Then last year, I had a little bit of mid-cycle bleeding. I had a smear and ultra-sound and everything was fine.

Two months ago, I didn't get a period. Then I got it on time the next month but it came again 1.5 weeks later and I'm still bleeding on Day 9. The doctor said it's 'dysfunctional bleeding' and I need to see a gynecologist but not to worry until the gynecologist gives me the once-over.

Have any of you experienced this? I'm 39 years of age and haven't had any DCs yet.

Dinosauraddict Sat 27-Apr-19 20:24:46

Last year I had a 16 day bleed. My cycles are irregular anyway (TTC but no DH) but the extra long period was just seen as a strange anomaly and nothing to worry about (they were more concerned about iron levels/fatigue etc). I’ve had a few around 10/14 days length since and they don’t cause any problems apart from frustration!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »