Talk

Advanced search

Irregular cycles

(3 Posts)
PrincessGinger Wed 24-Apr-19 15:46:12

So I'm soooooo fed up with not having regular cycles & Dr's not doing anything about it, saying it's too soon. I thought I might seek some advice on here or see if anyone had similar experiences.

Since stopping the contriceptive pill I've had four cycles... (I'm age 30)

My cycles since August after stopping my contraception pill are...

Cycle one 1st August to 28th Oct = 81 days
Cycle two 29th Oct to 20th Nov = 20 days
Cycle three 18th Nov to 12th Dec = 25 days
Cycle four 13th Dec to 2nd Feb = 51 days

Im now still on my next cycle and I'm already on cycle day 85 (my longest) I had a day of spotting on cycle day 48 but no period so on day 55 I took a pregnancy test which was negative. I've still not started my period and on cycle day 81 I had spotting (with sore nipples, tummy cramps & I cant sleep) I'm now on cycle day 85 with no sign of period and still have tingling/tender nipples.

I'm afraid of taking another pregnancy test as we so badly want to be pregnant (not getting any younger haha) but I'm worried that it will be negative again and feeling disappointed.

Has anyone experienced anything similar or could offer me some advice I would be much appreciated xx

crazychemist Fri 26-Apr-19 17:10:17

My cycle was absolutely all over the place when I came off the pill, it didn’t settle down properly. I conceived DD while it was still all over the place, so didn’t get regular until it restarted when DD was 19 months!

If you are ttc, can I recommend the following:
Keep an eye on cervical mucus. It can tell you when you are ovulating (look for it being watery and completely clear as opposed to cloudy or sticky).
When you have mucus that you think might be the above, use OPKs. That kind of mucus usually means you are having an LH surge. If you are and get a positive on your OPK you are gearing up to ovulate and should dtd at least every other day until AF arrives (which should be 2 weeks post ovulation). Take a test 18 days after positive OPK.

If the spotting you had was implantation bleeding, then you would have ovulated about a week before that. You would normally get a positive pregnancy test 8 or so days after ovulation, so maybe take a test in 4 or 5 days? If negative, start keeping an eye on that mucus!

(Sorry if a bit graphic, but it’s good to know what to look out for if you can’t rely on dates to predict ovulation)

Dinosauraddict Sat 27-Apr-19 17:49:01

Hi @Princess, have you been tested for PCOS? It often causes irregular cycles, and your pattern looks similar to mine (I have PCOS and mine vary between 20 and 60 days).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »