Talk

Advanced search

How long till my period will return?!

(8 Posts)
mads20 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:32:15

Hi all, I stopped taking my mini pill (desogestrel not sure how to spell) about 2 weeks ago and just wondering how long it took for you ladies for your first period to return? I'm also assuming that the chances of getting g pregnant before I have my first period over and done with are very slim?

dementedpixie Tue 23-Apr-19 21:38:32

By just missing 1 pill you could get pregnant. You ovulate before having a period so you don't necessarily need to have a period first although it is helpful for dating a pregnancy

mads20 Tue 23-Apr-19 22:02:42

Hiya, I know that anatomically that's possible I just was looking for more advice with Ttc that the best thing to do would be to wait for the first period since stopping and going from there? X

dementedpixie Tue 23-Apr-19 22:06:03

Having a period makes it useful for dating a pregnancy. No-one can really say when fertility will return as hormonal contraceptives can muck up your natural cycle. Are you using other contraception?

mads20 Tue 23-Apr-19 22:09:57

A bit of a waiting game then! Just want my first period to know that it's still there if you get what I mean hahaha... no we aren't having sex at the moment as I have a bad case of thrush (sorry if tmi) and then possibly looking at ttc x

jenn88 Tue 23-Apr-19 22:32:00

I came off my pill about 6 weeks ago and my period came this week!! It felt like a lifetime!! We have been having unprotected sex since I came off the pill! I believe we missed my fertile window before this period! How ever I have found using the Ovia app useful and now I've had a period I can more accurately track my predicted fertile window along with OPK sticks!! So I hope to not miss it this time!! Don't worry about your period not coming, it just takes as long as it takes!! Good luck on your TTC!!

Comps83 Tue 23-Apr-19 22:43:44

I came off the mini pill 22feb
No withdrawal bleed
Had mini period 20march
Ovulated 3rd April
BFP 15th April

Mycrazylife85 Wed 24-Apr-19 08:07:45

It was 74 days for me! Just under the three month mark. Haven't had my second period yet so I've no idea if it'll be the same again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »