Talk

Advanced search

TTC #1 Cycle 8, slowly losing to will!

(14 Posts)
MrsP4 Tue 23-Apr-19 10:39:55

Just that really I'm 27 TTC #1 Cycle #8 slowly losing the will to live I've tried everything tried the laid back approach, tired OPKS tried all the fertility gels and vitamins tried temping, DH has had. Sperm analysis which came back fine along with my bloods checking for ovulation, just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me or has been and how long did it take you? I know everyone is different, I've just not even had so much of a hint of a BFP and can't help but feel like it's never going to happen 😩

lankyliscuits Wed 24-Apr-19 09:07:38

Hey, didn't want to read and run! I'm also 27, on cycle 9 since coming off the pill but only on cycle 6 for TTC as we took a 3 month break due to me starting a new job. I'm due on my period in 8 days so just playing the waiting game but feel like we're out this month as OH works shifts and they fell smack bang on my main fertile days this month 🤷🏽‍♀️ can I ask how you've had the fertility tests you've had so early on, did you go private? Only because my GP so they don't even consider referring you on until you've been trying for 18 months x

RudyRoo Wed 24-Apr-19 09:14:59

@MrsP4 I'm in the same situation as you. I'm 33 and TTC #1 and have been trying for 8 months (came off the pill at that time) I've just had my bloods done at my GP to check ovulation and am just waiting for the results to come back from that. Also 6DPO and DTD loads during fertile week so playing and hoping this is my month! All I can say is that I know exactly how you feel, you're doing everything right and it just doesn't seem to happen. You're definitely not alone in feeling like this!

RudyRoo Wed 24-Apr-19 09:17:10

@lankyliscuits your GP should be able to give you blood test on day 21 (or around about) of your cycle. I would go back and try and see a different doctor and just go full on saying it causing you a lot of worry and stress etc. I think it depends on where you live and how understanding your GP is though, and they maybe aren't concerned because you are still in your 20's. I would push for it though just to put your mind at ease slightly!

MrsP4 Wed 24-Apr-19 21:22:12

Hi @lankyliscuits and hello @RudyRoo Nice to have others there to know how it feels I know in the grand scheme of things 8 months isn't that long but god it feels like forever, we had the tests done on the NHS GP just said he would do my bloods and DH said we'd been trying for a little bit longer and got the SA done, and I don't feel guilty at all for lying! We pay all our taxes and NI so why the hell not that's what I say anyway, Just feel like nothing is working my periods have been regular since stopping the pill, my last cycle was a bit weird of only 25 days and AF lasted a day 😕 I tested the other day on an IC and it was negative but don't know whether to test again just for the simple fact that I've had no blood and cycle was a lot shorter than normal I don't know! Just feel like I'm clutching at straws.

RudyRoo Thu 25-Apr-19 16:55:25

@MrsP4 how are you getting on? Good for you, I wouldn't feel guilty for lying at all, nothing wrong with a bit of an exaggeration! That is good news that all tests are fine anyway. Did you do another PG test? My last few periods have also been very light, this was one of my main reasons for going to the GP about TTC as I feel like they're just not normal. He didn't saw much about light periods but just said to do bloods. I'm a bit apprehensive about the outcome confused

Beanchopper Thu 25-Apr-19 18:01:30

33 trying for baby #1 for over 3 years (even though been with partner for nearly 10years and never actively prevented pregnancy). Husband sperm been tested and it's fine.

Sadly I am the issue and I can't get help till I loose 4 more stone (I have already lost 3stone). It's getting harder to loose the weight. I keep hoping it will happen naturally, but with irregularness, PCOS and underactive thyroid, chances are very slim 🤦🏼‍♀️

EL8888 Thu 25-Apr-19 18:05:31

Yep l feel the same as you. 10 cycles in and not a sniff of anything. Done all of the things you have done and quit OPK’s, temping etc. It’s frustrating isn’t it

MrsP4 Fri 26-Apr-19 09:38:42

@Beanchopper Sorry to hear your having a hard time! But by the sounds of it to me I think you've done and are doing amazing! Keep going! 😘

@EL8888 It's so frustrating isn't it! If I've not had a BFP by SEP then we all get the ball rolling with GP, I am impatient so if it doesn't happen straight away I start convincing Myself that's it and it'll never happen to me! TTC sucks!!

@RudyRoo You will be fine I was anxious with my bloods too are you having the day 4 and day 21?

RudyRoo Fri 26-Apr-19 09:52:14

@MrsP4 just the 21 day so far but it was actually only 5dpo according to my OPK's (the only day I could get an appt close enough!) so really hope that doesn't affect results that it wasn't the exact right date. Have to wait til weds next week to go back to my GP for results. Hate waiting around my stuff, I'm so impatient! 🙄

RudyRoo Fri 26-Apr-19 09:55:38

@MrsP4 how are you feeling?

MrsP4 Fri 26-Apr-19 10:38:57

@RudyRoo I'm ok thank you just feeling really fed up with it all! And it's annoying me so much when people are like just relax and don't think about it! It's the worst thing to say to someone! I really wish I could turn my mind and feelings off but every time I see a PG announcement or a new baby in a pram when I'm out I can't help but just shatter a little bit each time 😩 The exact same thing happened to me, because my cycles average at 28 days it's not bang on 28 every cycle give or take a few days, I just went on what was day 21 for me and that ended up being 5DPO for me too and mine was fine so I'm sure yours will be too! Me and DH have friends wedding May 2020 abroad so if I fall the next couple months we won't be able to go, I'm supposed to be MOF and DH is best man but we're not going to stop trying because of it, but I just know if it's going to happen it will be typical and happen then

RudyRoo Fri 26-Apr-19 16:51:17

@MrsP4 I'm totally the same. Doesn't help that all my friends have babies or are pregnant 😭 I bet most of them haven't had to obsessively POAS, check cervix, check cm, get blood tests, take temps and supplement tablets, exersize and eat really healthily either! (God I sound like such a bitter cow!)
That's good to know about your blood tests, I really hope everything is fine for me, and I guess if not, then I can at least try and sort it!
Well the way you should see it is a win, win situation, no BFP and you'll get to have a fabulous holiday and see your friends get married! The only thing keeping me going this month is knowing that if I am not pregnant, then I can drink all the wine in Italy when we go next month! Desperately searching for positives right now 😂

EL8888 Fri 26-Apr-19 17:12:55

@RudyRoo yes to all of that! Plus the cutting down dramatically on alcohol, uncertainty about booking a holiday, forking out for expensive vitamins etc. Staying at a shit job you hate -l have worked here for 5 years and l was intending to stick it out for their good maternity package. But increasingly l don’t care so l think l will leave

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »