Talk

Advanced search

Brown spotting (implantation bleeding)

(8 Posts)
Beanchopper Mon 22-Apr-19 13:47:58

Has anyone had any experience with implantation bleeding, what happened and did it lead to a BFP?

Any experiences welcome 😁

Floofboopsnootandbork Mon 22-Apr-19 15:48:17

I had what I thought was implantation bleeding a few times but haven’t got my bfp yet. This weekend I had some vvvv light brown spotting a lot different to the other times but still have a couple more days before I can test (tomorrow earliest with a frer) but keeping my fingers crossed. Hopefully this month you’ll get yours though.

Beanchopper Mon 22-Apr-19 18:50:09

@Floofboopsnootandbork fingers crossed for you hun, it's al just very confusing isn't it 🤔

Floofboopsnootandbork Mon 22-Apr-19 21:01:14

Thank you.

Yes, very. Half an hour after I posted I went to the toilet to find more blood, this time a more watery pinkish brown. Trying not to get in my head about it but I can’t help it. Definitely going to try pick up a frer tomorrow. 🤞🏻

Mamabear12 Tue 23-Apr-19 06:15:21

Beanchopper I am not sure what I had was actual implantation bleeding because the last 2 years or so I spot 2-3 days before my period. My first to pregnancies there was no implantation bleeding etc. When we started trying for our third dc, every cycle I analysed all my spotting etc and kept hoping its implantation bleeding, months went by and no positive tests.....until now! As usual, a few days before my period, I noticed discharge on my underwear with a tinge of brown so automatically thought I am out, its the start of spotting. My spotting starts like this. I told my dh we are most likely out, as I felt bloated and spotting started. Next day I still had spotting, but was very little and never progressed. It was only when I wiped and looked like a tinge of pink with my cervical mucus, again this can happen still before my period so I didn't think anything of it. Packed my bags for holiday and even packed 2 packets of pads and tampons! I decided to bring some internet cheapies just in case, but leave the clear blue test at home because I thought I would not need it. Went on holiday and wore my swim suit with no tampon or pad and only had a tiny drop of pink/brown with no need to wear anything....which would have been normal on the first day or two of spotting before my period, but this was day 3 so thought okay...my body is probably playing tricks again. Day of my period I woke up and still nothing! Just a tiny spot of pink when I wiped so I took a test and to my complete surprise it was positive. We went to breakfast and when I returned, I had a drop of blood, so I thought perhaps its a chemical pregnancy. But that was it, discharge then became clear from then on and no more spotting. I am now 5 weeks and 2 days. Still early days, but that is what spotting can look like before. However, I have heard stories of women who properly bled so everyone is different.

JellyCat1 Tue 23-Apr-19 06:43:37

Yep I had it with DS 1 but I also felt sharp stabbing pain of the implantation. Weirdest feeling.

Beanchopper Wed 24-Apr-19 20:51:22

Still no sign of af, cycle is usually 34-36 days long and I am currently on day 35. Had a faint positive yest morning but I think it was an evap because this morning it was flat out negative.

This evening I am have strange cramps and bloating, I suspect af might be showing up. Have no idea why I had brown spotting fri-sun.

I hate that this is so confusing 🤦🏼‍♀️

Veevee457 Wed 24-Apr-19 22:00:03

Sorry to hear you're not having any definite answers yet @Beanchopper.
I'm somewhat similar, cd35 and brown spotting started today. Brown spotting also preceded last months chemical for me although it went on for almost a week before proper AF. So annoying. Would much rather get AF than this although I suspect it's heading that way soon.
Hope it resolves for you soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »