Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone conceived THE DAY AFTER ovulation?

(6 Posts)
EssJayyCee Mon 22-Apr-19 09:41:39

I have irregular long cycles and looking for ovulation day is hard work.

My bbt spiked this morning (cd43) suggesting I may have ovulated yesterday (cd42) the last time we DTD was CD40..
We got to it this morning.. tmi..
But Is it possible to conceive the day after?

Thanks x

Kinsters Mon 22-Apr-19 11:37:45

Day after ovulation isn't the best because the egg only lives for 12 - 24 hours so if you ovulated during the day on CD42 then it could be not able to be fertilised by the time you dtd in the morning.

CD40 is O-2 though which is supposedly the most fertile day so your cycle definitely isn't a write off!

miracleon13th Mon 22-Apr-19 12:33:08

Day after ovulation is no good as previous poster has said - also it takes sperm about 10 hours to go through a process called capacitation before it is even able to fertilise an egg and since the egg is only really viable for 12-24 hours (studies suggest it is closer to 12 hours than 24) then you might have missed it

Good news though is that sperm can live up to 6 days if you have fertile cervical mucus so the days you had sex before ovulation mean you're still in with a Chance x

EssJayyCee Mon 22-Apr-19 14:46:03

Thank you @Kinsters and @miracleon13th

It may not have been a post ovulation spike anyway so not feeling hopeful but we will see!

Thank you for your positivity though!

Loti92 Mon 22-Apr-19 17:19:43

In December I ovulated on the 15th dtd early morning of 16th and got pregnant I did mc but it still happened!
And I know it was definitely from the 16th I got pregnant as I had been away before and was absolutely knackered with a child who doesn’t sleep so had no sex for a week before! 😂
Good luck!

EssJayyCee Tue 23-Apr-19 07:21:59

Turns out I didn't even ovulate so it doesn't matter anyway.

I hate having irregular cycles! I think this one is going to be super long and annovulatory. 🙁

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »