Talk

Advanced search

When can I test?

(4 Posts)
nellyellz Sun 21-Apr-19 19:58:22

When might be a good time to test? I was due on Friday however the last few months my cycles have been short (very short luteal phase) and this month I’ve been taking supplements and hanged my diet to try and increase my LP. So I’m not surprised I am over, plus I only ovulated on Sunday. I was preemptive and did a test on Thursday but not surprisingly it was negative as was way too early to show. So my cycle is longer this month and I don’t know when I’m due based on this. How many days after ovulation is a good time to test?

Squiff70 Sun 21-Apr-19 20:02:01

10-12 DPO with a FRER is best. If using a normal pregnnacy test then the day before or day of your missed period.

nellyellz Sun 21-Apr-19 21:26:35

What does FRER stand for? I don’t know when I period is due as this is a longer cycle, took longer to ovulate etc. So I’ll just go by 10-12 dpo like you suggest. Thanks smile

Squiff70 Sun 21-Apr-19 21:39:33

FRER is First Response Early Result - they are tests you can buy which can give an accurate result from 6 days BEFORE your period is due. Best of luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »