Talk

Advanced search

How do I cope with the disappointment?

(5 Posts)
TicketyBoo92 Sun 21-Apr-19 10:01:50

First time poster here, and in cycle 3 TTC. I know this could be a journey that takes several years, but already I get so disappointed with negative tests. How do I learn to accept them and not get so disheartened?

EnjoyItAll Sun 21-Apr-19 12:09:05

Don’t keep buying tests, don’t symptom spot and have other things to look forward to!

Much easier said than done but I found if I had a test in the house I would use it almost just for the sake of using it which made me feel so disheartened even when I knew it would be negative and I symptom spotted like mad but they are the same as af and in my case I had pretty much none of the symptoms people say they have when I got my bfp so it’s not reliable! I found having other events and things to look forward to really helped me keep distracted and we spoke openly about what we would consider if we couldn’t conceive naturally so I always knew we were both on the same page from day 1. It’s a tough time but try not let it dominate your life day in day out and don’t put things on hold as it can take a while

EL8888 Sun 21-Apr-19 12:11:18

Really not sure as l don’t handle the disappointment well. This is cycle 10 of us trying and we’ve got nowhere. My partners approach is to try to focus on the next month being better and the one it happens during.

TicketyBoo92 Sun 21-Apr-19 15:24:23

Definitely going to stop keeping tests in the house (I do just what you said and just keep taking them even when I know they'll be negative, which just feels awful), and I've downloaded a countdown app to remind myself of all the non-baby related things I'm looking forward to, which will hopefully help to keep my mind off it!
EL8888, baby dust for you! Hope you get your BFP soon

EL8888 Sun 21-Apr-19 17:42:18

The countdown is a good idea. I make sure l have fun stuff planned e.g. holidays, theatre, lunch with friends etc. Thanks for the baby dust. Same to you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »