Talk

Advanced search

Cheap test - is it positive??

(25 Posts)
Shwave Sun 21-Apr-19 07:06:16

I’m currently on cycle day 30, but am always irregular so can be anything from 30-42 days. I don’t know when I ovulated this month - I did take tests but never got a positive so either missed it or the test didn’t work. The ovulation kit came with a few cheap pregnancy tests that I’ve been doing over the last few days (torturing myself really as it was too early!) they were all definite negatives.

I took the last one this morning with fmu. At first I was sure it was negative but when looked again I noticed this smudge that sort of looks like a line... anyone see anything here?

Never attached a photo before so I hope it works...

motherofdxughters Sun 21-Apr-19 07:07:57

That looks positive. Test again to be sure with urine held for an hour/two hours if you have any tests at home/are able to get one today.

Changingweather Sun 21-Apr-19 07:14:02

I'd say definitely positive! Congratulations!

Shwave Sun 21-Apr-19 07:14:54

Thank you for replying - typical that it would be Easter Sunday so all the shops nearby are closed! I’m going to have to wait until tomorrow and test again - this is going to be a long day!

Shwave Sun 21-Apr-19 07:19:03

I just went back and looked at the test and the line has completely disappeared - so really confused now confused

olderthanyouthink Sun 21-Apr-19 07:26:22

I result is only valid for about 5 mins (or whatever's in the packet) so I'd still say positive

Got a petrol station or maybe a newsagents nearby? They might have tests

motherofdxughters Sun 21-Apr-19 07:38:22

As @olderthanyouthink says, it's only valid for a short period and if you're quite early on, the lines can fade after a while (mine did on the cheapies).

Garage/Tesco Express/Spar/general corner shop? They tend to have ClearBlue/First Response in stock and are open Easter Sunday. I probably wouldn't get a digital this early because they're notorious for not being as sensitive so early on but if you've got the cash to spend, it wouldn't hurt to get one of both in case you're further along than you think!

My digital cake back pregnant 1-2 weeks when I would have been four weeks pregnant (remember those don't count the two weeks since your last period like date calculations and hospitals do so technically at 4 weeks pregnant 2 weeks is correct).

Shwave Sun 21-Apr-19 07:41:36

Thanks everyone. I just looked at amazon reviews for the tests I used (one step) and everyone says they’re awful and inaccurate, so I think I’ll try to just disregard it completely and test again.

Sorry if I seem a bit manic in my posts - I lost my last pregnancy a few months ago at 20 weeks, and it would be her due date this week, so emotions are high!

MrsEG Sun 21-Apr-19 07:42:22

There’s definitely a line there! As others have said, try your local Tesco express or garage and see if you can get a FRER; failing that pop out tomorrow - the line should be darker after another day too smile

SofaSurfer20 Sun 21-Apr-19 08:11:42

Ovulation tests can show positive when pregnant too.

If you dont wanna try that, try and put it out your mind till tomorrow x

FaithEloise Sun 21-Apr-19 08:24:31

I got a positive on tuesday with one step.. my line is still there. Fingers crossed for u. Id say you are even though it disappeared x

starflake Sun 21-Apr-19 08:42:33

I use one step & they have always been accurate for me, they detected my pregnancy last Sunday when I wasn't due till Friday. Doctor confirmed it on Monday. It's positive congrats

CheesePuffTheMagicDragon Sun 21-Apr-19 08:49:57

That looks fine to me! My BFP was a one step, I've not had any problems with them smile fingers crossed for you x

Shwave Sun 21-Apr-19 09:52:11

I found an open shop, got a clear blue digital (it was all they had) and it was negative sad I know they’re not as sensitive but I don’t want to get my hopes up so going to try to put it out of my mind for now and try again later in the week.

Annoyed I’ve wasted a tenner too!!

CheesePuffTheMagicDragon Sun 21-Apr-19 10:13:17

Oh I'm sorry about that Shwave thanks** I hope it all works out for you x

snowflakeeel Sun 21-Apr-19 15:19:12

I purchased a load of cheapies with my second pregnancy and looked very similar to yours. I waited a couple of days (as you're suggesting) and then used a FRER. Got a faint but definite positive. I have PCOS and periods were all over the place when trying to conceive no.2. Found out I was pregnant around 6 weeks past period because I thought I simply hadn't ovulated.....again.....how wrong was I! Best of luck. X

Shwave Mon 22-Apr-19 12:58:18

Very faint positive on a FR today (tested in middle of the day) shock

Thank you for all the replies x

kell2126 Mon 22-Apr-19 13:01:40

Yay!! Congrats OP!! x

MrsEG Mon 22-Apr-19 13:03:43

Congratulations smile

motherofdxughters Mon 22-Apr-19 13:14:27

Congratulations! thanks

Changingweather Mon 22-Apr-19 13:37:31

I'm so glad! Congratulations!

FaithEloise Mon 22-Apr-19 15:36:16

Yay congratulations🙏💕😘

snowflakeeel Mon 22-Apr-19 16:48:54

That's Wonderful! Congratulations X

CheesePuffTheMagicDragon Mon 22-Apr-19 22:13:24

Brilliant news! Congratulations ❤️❤️

olderthanyouthink Tue 23-Apr-19 09:50:23

Congratulations OP grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »