Talk

Advanced search

Sign of ovulation?

(5 Posts)
Abi58 Thu 18-Apr-19 18:09:41

Hi,

I came off the pill about 3/4 weeks ago. For the last few days I've had really sore nipples (just nipples) and generally feeling a bit odd (sick and dizzy). I'm pretty sure all side effects of the hormones from coming off the pill.

(Sorry if tmi)
Today after going to the toilet I wiped and there was a clearish gooey lump, and again a couple hours later.

Having seen other things on this I took an opk but it was negative.

Could it be another symptom of coming off the pill or could I be ovulating but missed it with the test?

Thank you in advance! smile

Michellebops Fri 19-Apr-19 07:57:29

I think If you have had the stick goo then that is part of ovulation. The opk will be negative as the hormone to make it positive is better 12-36 hours before you ovulate. If that make sense so you could or should have had a positive opk Monday or Tuesday

Abi58 Fri 19-Apr-19 08:05:48

@Michellebops thank you so much! I didn't test before yesterday, as I've just come off the pill I had no idea what my body was doing. Great to think that I'm possibly ovulating already 😁

lankyliscuits Fri 19-Apr-19 10:57:50

Sensitive nipples was a massive thing for me after coming off the pill, I was completely baffled & thought I might have fallen pregnant straight away, which wasn't the case! So you're not alone on that one 🙈

Michellebops Fri 19-Apr-19 17:06:21

I get sensitive nipples from day of ovulation (today for me) right through.

It's horrible mind games your body plays with you before betraying you with your period 😭

Good luck @Abi58

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »