Talk

Advanced search

Tastes like blood

(20 Posts)
mummyjojo19 Thu 18-Apr-19 11:45:07

Ladies this is going to sound really random but as of this morning I have a taste in my mouth like when you have a bit of a blood. A quick back story I haven't had a period since December but we have put this down to my husband and mum being really poorly. Anyway over the last few weeks hubby has been a lot better and we have been dtd a lot. The problem is I don't know when I ovulated.

I have itchy boobs have had twinges and cramps for a few days spotting for the last few days mainly when I wipe and it's been pink and brown (sorry tmi) and now today I have started with this bloody taste in my mouth could anyone advise when I should take a pregnancy test?

Thanks in advance for any help smile

vegpatch Thu 18-Apr-19 11:48:42

I get a weird, metallic taste in my mouth when I am pregnant. I'd do a test if it's a possibility you are pregnant. smile

mummyjojo19 Thu 18-Apr-19 11:54:40

Does the description of tasting like blood class the same as metallic sorry to sound thick I just don't want to buy a good test to waste it but yes there is every possibility I could be pregnant x

TheGirlWithGlassFeet Thu 18-Apr-19 11:56:58

I had a metallic taste in my mouth when I was pregnant too. I would do a test and test again in a week if negative. Good luck!

babysharkah Thu 18-Apr-19 12:01:21

It was the first symptom I was pregnant. Do a test today.

mummyjojo19 Thu 18-Apr-19 12:03:38

The other thing I have noticed is I can smell everything someone had burned a candle in their house I few days ago my husband and our friend didn't know I smelt it as soon as I walked in to the room and i can smell cleaning products on cups etc :$ xx

pinkpushchairs Thu 18-Apr-19 12:10:33

Do a test now, if you're pregnant enough to get symptoms you're probably pregnant enough to show up. Especially on a FRER.

I get horrible taste and smell everything too

pinkpushchairs Thu 18-Apr-19 12:10:46

I also sneeze loads

nespressowoo Thu 18-Apr-19 12:20:24

POAS smile

vegpatch Thu 18-Apr-19 12:22:29

Metallic taste is definitely a bit blood-like...I get smelling super powers too.
Congratulations if you are happy about it!

thaegumathteth Thu 18-Apr-19 12:22:54

I was better than a sniffer dog when pregnant! Poas

sirmione16 Thu 18-Apr-19 12:23:49

100% do a test!! I had these symptoms early pregnancy

rainbowstardrops Thu 18-Apr-19 12:46:26

It's definitely a symptom so do a test!!!!

dahlia123 Thu 18-Apr-19 12:50:30

Do a frer!

mummyjojo19 Thu 18-Apr-19 18:33:18

Gonna holdogf a couple of days as I am still spotting however I have also started with lower back ache this afternoon and I am totally shattered I will update when I have tested thanks all xx

TheGirlWithGlassFeet Fri 19-Apr-19 22:17:54

Oh I had super sonic smell too. I could smell road works a mile off.

mummyjojo19 Tue 23-Apr-19 23:16:59

Ladies I took this test this evening I know I should use fmu but does anyone see a faint line here? This pic was taken 2 mins after doing the test xx

HollyDollyLolly Tue 23-Apr-19 23:20:46

I think I see x

sirmione16 Wed 24-Apr-19 09:40:32

I can't tell from that :S take another!

pinkoi Wed 24-Apr-19 13:56:50

I'm in a similar position.
AF due tomorrow or day after, but I have been like a sniffer dog since the weekend. Normally my partner is the one who is sensitive to smells but I'm smelling stuff he isn't noticing. It took me a few days to notice that I was doing it even.

I'm also aware that my mind is a very powerful thing and wishful thinking goes a long way. I was completely oblivious to being pregnant with #1 until I got to CD38 and started to wonder..

However I'm not going to test before AF. Probably wait until CD30...

Fingers crossed for you xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »