Talk

Advanced search

Is it a man thing???

(5 Posts)
lassyloo Wed 17-Apr-19 23:02:23

Coming off my pill in 10 days and just wondering if I'm over reacting or not

OH has always expressed the same wants as me regarding us TTC but where I'm getting all excited and nervous about actually going PILL FREE he seems to not be very excited about it??

Is this just a 'Man thing'

Help me!?

Justincase87 Wed 17-Apr-19 23:06:56

My DH wasn't particularly excited about TTC but is really happy now I'm pregnant, we sadly lost our first pregnancy, but I'm now 26 weeks.

I think the idea of TTC is a bit abstract to men and they don't quite get the idea that you have X number of fertile days etc.

My DH also said that it was weird at first because you spend so long trying not to get someone pregnant that when you actually can it's a bit overwhelming!

I don't know if this is how it is for all men, but I'm sure once you start trying he will be a bit more enthusiastic.

lassyloo Wed 17-Apr-19 23:22:08

Yeah like he's said he can't wait for us to be pregnant and have our baby but has also said it doesn't feel real to men until the baby is born really (he already has DD)

I'm all excited like ooh not long now and he just smiles or changes the convo 🙄🙄

MrsB899 Thu 18-Apr-19 15:02:54

Yep my husbands exactly the same. We're actively trying to conceive but my husband just says I won't be excited until it happens. Like get excited already!

lassyloo Thu 18-Apr-19 16:38:51

Yeah I talked to him last night he said that men don't get the same excitement as woman cause it isn't real to them till they can hold the baby really like he said 'of course we can feel your belly and things but until I can see and hold my child it doesn't almost seem real'

I think because we've spent so long trying to not get pregnant that now we are going to be actively trying it doesn't seem real. He assured me he will be there for me everyday and be excited about it all he might just not show it on the outside

Suppose that's something 🤷🏼‍♀️ xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »