Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill

(14 Posts)
Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 07:37:01

Hi,

Has anyone got experience coming off the pill? (Combined)

Me and my husband are ttc I stopped taking the pill about 3-4 weeks ago, no bleed or period yet.

For a few days now my nipples have been incredibly sore (like sunburnt sore to brush against) but my actual breasts seem fine just my nipples!

I was hopeful and took a Test but it was negative.

Did anyone else have this or any other side effects when they came off the pill? How long did it last?

I've been on the pill for over 10 years so. It sure what my actual PMS would be like whether it could be that.

Thanks in advance smile

Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 07:37:32

Sorry if TMI blush

Comps83 Wed 17-Apr-19 08:25:33

Did you get a bleed very month with your week off the pill previously?

Luckylola12 Wed 17-Apr-19 10:12:49

Hi @abi58 =) i came off the pill after ten years in september 2018. I had very painfull cramps and a withdrawel bleed for about 5 days. Didnt get first period until december! Now having regualar periods. Cycles are between 38/40 days.

Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 10:23:33

Hi @Comps83,

Yes every 4 weeks like clockwork for the whole time. Missed a few pills mid pack in the last pack had minor spotting (just light pink on tissue (barely noticeable) and nothing since

Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 10:28:50

Hi @Luckylola12,

That's great that you're body has sorted itself out so quickly smile

I had the withdrawal bleed like clockwork, missed a few pills in my last pack and had very short minor spotting (very light pink on tissue) and nothing since.

Its just they're so sore! Hoping either we've managed to conceive straight away and too early to test or that my hormones level out ASAP! grin

Did you get anything else while your hormones tighter themselves?

Thank you smile

Kam610 Wed 17-Apr-19 10:52:10

I am in the same boat! Came off pill mid March, had my withdrawal bleed and due my period tomorrow according to my Flo app but no symptoms of AF starting. Had sore nipples etc too and been very dizzy. Was hoping we had managed to conceive straight away as I know I definitely ovulated but took a test this morning and it was BFN with just an evap line! Also been on combined pill for over 10 years So I guess it's just going to take a while to get back to normal!

ChloePD Wed 17-Apr-19 10:56:40

@Abi58 I stopped 2 months ago and had the exact same thing, sore sensitive nipples, had never felt it before, AF showed up 2 weeks later!

Now I know that every time I ovulate my nipples get sore! Try using OPKS after you get your first bleed smile

Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 11:53:40

Hi @Kam610,

Thank you

About the same time then!! smile
I didn't have my last withdrawal bleed but did have spotting mid pack as I missed a few.

I keep feeling abit dizzy as well! It's the soreness though it's really bad.

Same here, don't know for certain if I ovulated or not but hopeful. It could be that there's not enough of the hormone yet to detect it! Fingers crossed for you grin

It's a long time for our bodies to have fake hormones, although you do hear lots of stories about bouncing back very quickly if not immediately with the pill.

Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 11:56:52

Hi @ChloePD ,

Thank you.

It's horrible isn't it!

How long did the soreness last for?

Glad to hear your body seems to be back to normal smile

Might give one a go when I get home - you never know!

Comps83 Wed 17-Apr-19 12:00:17

I came off the mini pill 22feb
No withdrawal bleed
Had mini period 20march
Ovulated 3rd April
BFP 15th April

Really didn’t think it would happen so quick

Abi58 Wed 17-Apr-19 12:08:55

@Comps83 wow congratulations! How are you feeling?!
gringringrin

That's amazing news!

Comps83 Wed 17-Apr-19 13:00:02

I don’t think it’s really sank in yet
Was adamant I’d never have children . People will be very shocked when they find out

Abi58 Thu 18-Apr-19 18:04:25

@Comps83 smilesmile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »