Talk

Advanced search

Cell erosion - A kick in the teeth

(9 Posts)
Tango500 Mon 15-Apr-19 17:33:59

So I went to the docs for my regular check up for the pill a few weeks ago. I told the nurse the over the next month or two I'd wanted to come off the pill do we start a family so she didn't need to prescribe to many more months of pills. All fine but nurse brought up about being very over due a smear.. figured I should go get it done before I start trying for a baby so plucked up the courage ( I have had a phobia of it after some friends had bad experiences) and booked it. At my smear the doc informed me I have some cell erosion and she was sending me to have them lasered. Not what I wanted to hear! 😭 so I'm stressing about that, hoping there's no issues with my smear and realised it's going to be June before I can even think about stopping the pill. I'm gutted. Im also worried it'll affect my fertility/conception. Anyone else been in the same boat?

Sizeofalentil Mon 15-Apr-19 17:41:48

I've known women who have had part of the neck of their wombs removed and still had healthy babies. One needed to have a stitch put in but the other was fine. And those are cases more extreme than yours.

I can see why you're gutted but at least you were diagnosed and on your way to getting it all treated.

You're in a better position now than you were before you knew.

If you can't ttc yet you could do other things to prepare, like take vitamins and get your stress levels down and yourself a bit healthier if need be. It's all going to be ok.

Sizeofalentil Mon 15-Apr-19 17:43:06

And well done for plucking up the courage to go. It can't have been easy.

gt84 Mon 15-Apr-19 17:46:13

I had this and in the time between my smear and the appointment to be lasered, I became pregnant. I’m not saying you come off the pill anyway, you definitely want to get this sorted first I’m just saying it shouldn’t affect your ability to conceive

Wearywithteens Mon 15-Apr-19 17:49:50

My gp said there was no point getting lazer treatment as the cells grow back after a while anyway. I had it done privately but she was right - I still have it 15 years later! Every cervical smear they mr ruin it. Didn’t affect my fertility at all - 3 dc no probs. Don’t worry!

Wearywithteens Mon 15-Apr-19 17:50:44

Mention it not mr ruin! Bloody autocorrect angry

Tango500 Mon 15-Apr-19 18:07:39

Ahh ok these comments put my mind at ease a little. Thank you. Did anyone have any issues with the lasering afterwards? I know a few people who have haemorrhaged afterwards which worries me!

Wearywithteens Mon 15-Apr-19 18:13:00

I don’t recall any issues - I had it done at the doctor’s own house - a big panelled mansion in the middle of the country! It took about 10-15 minutes and me and DH went for out for coffee straight afterwards...

Tango500 Tue 16-Apr-19 12:35:08

Oh really? As simple as that? Fingers crossed then thank you 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »