Talk

Advanced search

Abnormality on removed coil?

(8 Posts)
k80mf Mon 15-Apr-19 13:27:49

I got my mirena coil removed today. Attached to it is a 'blob' about the size of a pea. I first thought maybe it was cervical mucus etc, but upon closer inspection, it looks worryingly like a 5/6 week old foetus.
Has anybody else ever experienced anything like this, and would that even be possible? I'm going to take a closer look later on today.

chickenalapesh Mon 15-Apr-19 13:41:22

Woah! I don't even know why I'm replying because I have no idea if that's even possible. But I'm getting mine removed soon so very interested. Hope you're okay.

CryptoFascist Mon 15-Apr-19 13:42:58

You say you had it removed, was this at a clinic? Did the HCP mention anything?

k80mf Mon 15-Apr-19 14:04:24

@chicken i think im okay thankyou, im not really sure how to feel because I dont want to go through all the emotions if it's just tissue matter or mucus! I hope your removal goes okay!

@crypto I had it removed at my doctors, they didn't say anything at all about it but im not sure if they noticed it. I've kept hold of it (may be weird but it has sentimental value haha) and I only noticed after we'd left the doctors.

LeavingTeaching Mon 15-Apr-19 14:47:14

OP, it's a bit weird that you kept it and very unlikely it's anything other than a bit of tissue. My Mirena attached itself to my cervix, it happens a lot

k80mf Mon 15-Apr-19 15:26:39

@teaching like i said, i have reasons for keeping it which are sentimental and i am not going to share those reasons- i haven't come here to be judged so that part of your response was unneeded and unhelpful.
but thankyou for the helpful part of your response, hopefully it's just tissue.

physicskate Mon 15-Apr-19 15:33:51

A 6 week old embryo is less than half a cm and virtually indistinguishable from uterine tissue, so it's highly unlikely to be anything but your tissue. I definitely had some bloody looking tissue attached to my copper coil when it was removed...

k80mf Mon 15-Apr-19 21:44:37

@physics thankyou, that's a relief!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »