Talk

Advanced search

TTC really getting me down.

(6 Posts)
Tisfortired Sun 14-Apr-19 09:13:32

Hi all I am sorry to be such a negative nancy, but TTC #2 is making me seriously down.

We have been trying since September 2017 with not a sniff of pregnancy, nothing. And it honestly seems that every day somebody else that I know is pregnant, and it is getting harder and harder to be happy for them. I actually unfollowed somebody on social media the other day because I can't bear to see it.

Most months I don't let myself get my hopes up, but this month I did as AF was cruelly 4 days late, but showed up in the end. I can't cope with the crushing disappointment every month anymore, I am honestly thinking about using contraception again so I don't have to go through this every month.

tisonlymeagain Sun 14-Apr-19 09:18:51

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time.

Have you been to see the GP as you've been trying for over 18 months?

daisiesblue Sun 14-Apr-19 11:01:24

I've been here my friend and it's so so hard! I'm 27 and aTTC my first, but just about everyone I'm close you is moving on to their second and boy is it tough!
You could try reading this book I read called mind, body, baby?
It's got some good sections on breathing and relaxing for those times when TTC gets this hard on you.
I really do recommend it! Just know you're not the only one and it's perfectly normal to feel this way ❤️
Keep your chin up ❤️

daisiesblue Sun 14-Apr-19 11:02:21

Apologies for the bad spelling and grammar, my phone screen is smashed and I can't see a thing I'm typing 😂

Minibow Sun 14-Apr-19 17:44:17

We are the same. Trying since September 2017 for #3 and nothing.

We've had all the fertility tests done privately and are now considered 'secondary unexplained'.

I'd get tests done. Could be something simple they can fix.

I am praying every month that I can forget about wanting another baby. It's too cruel and I can't keep hoping.

EL8888 Mon 15-Apr-19 00:29:58

Yep l can relate to how you are feeling. I’m ground down by the whole thing. Increasingly l feel resentful and frustrated. I am confused by women who said they used loads of pregnancy tests trying to conceive. I have never even done one as l have never thought l was pregnant. There have been arguments between my partner and l about if we continue to try. He wants to continue but l am less than keen

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »