Talk

Advanced search

How much do you actually do it when TTC?

(8 Posts)
CreekyBeaky Sat 13-Apr-19 19:00:16

ATT no2 for over 12 months. Tracking with app and OPK tests sticks. During fertile time we BD every other day (sometimes not possible as DH away with work a lot 🙄). Are we trying hard enough? Do people BD every day or twice a day? Sorry for TMI but as it’s been a while TTC BD is a bit perfunctory when it’s OV time. We’re both feeling the pressure. I just really want to know if every other day is normal or not enough effort!

CreekyBeaky Sat 13-Apr-19 19:01:01

Not ATT, TTC

Whyhaveidonethis Sat 13-Apr-19 19:07:51

If we are together once or twice a day.... Even when not fertile, but we only see each other 3 times a week, so often miss a lot of fertile days.

MrsM18 Sat 13-Apr-19 19:26:43

I'm due to ovulate any day now, we are doing it every single day. However with my daughter we conceived doing it every other day. So who knows! If we don't fall this month i think I'll go back to every other as it gets a bit much grin

MeadowHay Sat 13-Apr-19 20:01:25

We concieved DD in about 5 months after I came off the combined contraceptive pill as well. Obviously party luck and whatever but in answer to your question, we generally had sex every other day all around the fertile period - I tracked my cycles and kept an eye on my cervical mucus but my cycles weren't spot on in lengths etc so we would do this for about a week or so to try and make sure we caught the ovulation window. It didn't get to the point where we had stopped enjoying it though but we were fortunate that we concieved quickly.

Michellebops Sat 13-Apr-19 20:05:06

With my first pregnancy we weren't actively trying to conceive but not using contraception so not preventing either. I think we dtd almost every day.

With my second pregnancy I was 8 weeks post laparoscopy and still tender so only actually dtd twice and was successful. Sadly that ended in mmc. Been ttc with more effort since New Years and no luck. Trying for every 2 days from cd8 which is today though we did it last night for fun rather than a chore as it's too early but you never know.

After 4 cycles of failures I'm not even doing opks this month. Going to be a stress free month.

Good luck ❤️

CreekyBeaky Sat 13-Apr-19 20:59:05

Thanks for the replies.

I’m glad someone else occasionally finds it a bit much. With a 3 year old we are finding the scheduled BD a bit 😬.

DC no1 was hardly even trying, ie spontaneous BD and I was 34 then so it did lull me into a false sense of security. TTC no2 has been a harsh reality check.

agteacht Sat 13-Apr-19 21:39:19

We got our BFP recently and only DTD twice in the fertile window. Timed it with OPKs. In previous cycles we DTD every day and got nowhere! I think just a coincidence but also shows it's all about the timing...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »