Talk

Advanced search

When do i dtd?

(7 Posts)
Luckylola12 Fri 12-Apr-19 16:35:28

So im getting confused as ovulation calculators tell me different dates! Are you suppose to dtd on the day of ovulation or before? My cycle is 39 days (although last month was 41!) And af appeared 30th march? One website says 14th april...the other says 24th! So confused and really dont want to miss the opportuinty this month!

Squiff70 Fri 12-Apr-19 16:37:46

Buy some ovulation tests and start tracking? I'd recommend a period/cycle tracker app which will help you track your whole cycle including ovulation so you've got a guide as to when to use the ovulation tests. Best of luck!

Pastaallday Fri 12-Apr-19 16:40:42

Definitely get some cheap opk strips from Amazon. Ideally you want to dtd the day or two before you ovulate so the sperm are all ready and waiting! Alsp when you ovulate too.

Rertee Fri 12-Apr-19 16:45:31

As much as you can before. As soon as, and as long as, you have fertile CM. Day of ovulation is often too late.

Luckylola12 Fri 12-Apr-19 16:49:28

Okay thanks everyone! Im scared to use opks incase i dont ovulate? But i would right?

squirrelnutkins1 Fri 12-Apr-19 16:54:03

dtd every other day throughout the month if at all possible. If not you want to start dtd on the days leading up to and including ovulation day, as sperm lives for a few days so give yourself the best chance.

RainbowFox Fri 12-Apr-19 16:56:31

When I had IVF they get you to start testing for ovulation from cycle day 8. So if you've got the energy then from day 8 I would dtd every other day if you can. Every other day is meant to be better as gives the man chance to recover for better quality sperm (apparently)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »