Talk

Advanced search

Missed 3 pill in last week

(2 Posts)
joey2408 Fri 12-Apr-19 09:43:46

I'm new here, but desperate for some advice. Sorry if this is all too confusing to understand grin

After a bad week where my head was elsewhere, I missed 3 pills in the last week on my pack. I had unprotected sex the day before i missed the first pill. The day after I'd missed the third pill, i had a breakthrough bleed, which lasted 2/3 days. I then had unprotected sex the weekend after the missed pills. I took my break week and had a normal pill bleed. I am in a long term relationship and have been talking about coming off the pill so being pregnant wouldn't be a unwanted event. I've taken a cheap test, which was negative. Its been 35 days since the first missed pill, 21 days since my last break week. Any chance of being pregnant, or would i have had a positive test by now?

crazychemist Fri 12-Apr-19 12:53:04

I think you woUld have had a positive by now.

Sperm can live up to 6 days. Implantation can be 10 days after that, and you may not get a positive test until 4 days after implantation. So even at absolute maximum timings you would expect to get a positive test within 20 days of unprotected sex if you are pregnant. So I think from the timings you have said above, the second time is just within this window, but only just.

I’d suggest wait 5 days and test again, but I really think the chance of you being pregnant is pretty tiny if you’ve had a negative at this stage. If you don’t want to wait a couple of days, a first response test would probably tell you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »