Talk

Advanced search

Help please

(7 Posts)
fingerscrossed4this Fri 12-Apr-19 07:49:59

Background: I have a 7 year old daughter. In 2018 Feb I had to terminate my second pregnancy at 13 weeks due to an illness incompatible with life. This year in Jan at my 16 week routine appointment for the third pregnancy the midwife couldn't hear a heartbeat and the scan confirmed the baby had died. Both times were equally heartbreaking.

Last night, I felt a bit weird and also had 'stretching pains' so tested just before bed. There was barely any wee to test with and it was an internet cheapie. But it came up with a very clear and dark pink line. According to Flo, I was only 9DPO. is that normal?

This morning, I noticed a very clear dark line from my belly button down. That's not supposed to happen this early surely? Is my body playing up?

I know I should talk to my GP but our surgery doesn't give appointments unless we tell the receptionist what the issue is. Which I don't want to do. I don't want to speak to the midwife either It brings back traumatic memories and I don't think I can go back and see the midwife or the hospital. I'm sorry I'm rambling and this post is so long.

My head is all over the place and I don't know what to do. Help?

Kel801 Fri 12-Apr-19 08:37:52

I have no advice but I just wanted to send love and best wishes x

HaveACupOfCoffee Fri 12-Apr-19 08:40:08

I would tell the GP receptionist a lie.

hcopp Fri 12-Apr-19 08:42:00

With the best will in the world, it sounds like you really do need to talk to your GP. Could you tell the receptionist something vague like 'concerns about my cycle following a late miscarriage'. I appreciate lots of people dislike the telling the receptionist bit, but so long as you can do that privately, why would you not tell them to get the appointment? Best of luck x

Michellebops Sat 13-Apr-19 19:58:33

Hey, sorry to hear your background issues and heartaches.

I had a missed miscarriage last year so understand your reservations.

Firstly if you can get hold of a clear blue digital test with weeks indicator and do it. It sounds like if you are pregnant again you might be a bit further on that just past ovulation. The clearblue digital will give you an idea of how far you might be which may make a difference to how you take the next step.

If it's in the 1-2 weeks you can call the gp and tell the receptionist it's a private issue in relation to a new pregnancy following a miscarriage and you have fears. They don't need to know everything.

If it's 2-3 weeks or 3 weeks plus then you can contact your epu and explain your concerns and they should bring you in and check you over.

Based on your history you don't even have to see your gps midwife, you should be able to be consultant led as your maternity hospital as you'll be automatically red pathway.

Good luck ❤️❤️

fingerscrossed4this Sun 14-Apr-19 15:22:08

@Michellebops thank you. I did do a clear blue digital test once i had calmed down. It showed 1-2 weeks so looks like I might have ovulated early. I also spoke to my bereavement midwife who I had contact details for from last time.

I think I was just panicking and now that I have had time to reflect, I'm just going to wait and see what happens this time. Because of the previous losses, I will celebrate if and when I finally have a baby in my arms. Right now, I'm taking it one day at a time. x

Michellebops Sun 14-Apr-19 16:33:23

@fingerscrossed4this I'm glad you done this. Your bereavement midwife is a good shout as she'll be a good support for you.

I'm here to chat if you need it too xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »