Talk

Advanced search

Positive 6 days before my period

(10 Posts)
mightbetoosoon Thu 11-Apr-19 10:25:11

Name changed for this.. I'm shaking I can barely type.

I took a test as on the off chance, as I've had really sore breasts, and been desperate for the loo in the morning last couple of days (which is unusual).

And it's positive. My period is due in 6 days, I'm fairly regular - is this normal? Now I'm worrying that I was pregnant last month even though I had a period and didn't know.

mightbetoosoon Thu 11-Apr-19 10:25:47

Sorry meant to attach picture

cinnabunbun Thu 11-Apr-19 10:35:32

It's definitely possible to test positive before your period would be late but 6 days early is quite a lot. Do you have a 28 day cycle?

mightbetoosoon Thu 11-Apr-19 10:40:42

The last few have a been 35 days, give or take a day, according to Flo. Last period was 13-18th March.

Could that explain what it is? Embarrassingly, I don't know much about cycles etc. blush

mightbetoosoon Thu 11-Apr-19 11:07:25

Would running out and buying a digital test with the weeks on be useful? I feel a bit lost.

Whyhaveidonethis Thu 11-Apr-19 11:17:01

Well it is possible to get a positive that early. Your cycles are quite long so maybe you just ovulated early this month? Either way it looks like it's a positive. Can't tell if you are distressed or happy about this, if it's a happy time, do you need to know? If unsure you can be booked for an early scan to determine dates. If it's distressing then you should book an appointment ASAP and maybe do a digital for clarity?

mightbetoosoon Thu 11-Apr-19 11:20:40

Thank you for the reply!

As to how I feel.. both I think. I've always wanted children. But I've never even changed a nappy and it's come as a bit of a shock. I'm sure I'll be chuffed once I've got my head around it and spoken to DP.

BabyMoonPie Thu 11-Apr-19 11:34:01

Hope you get a definitive answer soon OP. Just for reassurance - I hadn't changed a nappy before DD was born and I'd only held 1 baby before her! You learn as you do it 😉

mightbetoosoon Thu 11-Apr-19 11:41:24

Thanks babymoonpie, that definitely makes me feel better! grin

I've just done a second test with the most dilute urine you've ever seen, it was another strong positive..

Whyhaveidonethis Thu 11-Apr-19 11:42:46

Yay. Congratulations!! You will be fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »